Oils Aint Oils <Merged Thread>

rorojoe

• Member For: 20y 5m 11d

HiNeill.

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Magnatec FMX.

Magnatec FMX is a semi synthetic engine oil containing Castrol's unique

UMA polymer, with the following ratings:

SAE 10w/30

API SL/GF-3

ACEA A1/B1

It is a trade-grade oil, that is, available in 20L & 205L containers or

in bulk: usually to dealerships or workshops.

Not available in 5L packs over the counter.

It is NOT the same as Castrol XT 1030.

Can send you a Technical Data Sheet if you forward me your fax number or

address.

Regards,

George Prapas

Technical Services Advisor

Castrol Australia

ph: 1300 557 998

fax: (03) 9268 4394

Motul is about the only oil I would really trust exxy yes but top stuff :nono:

The others seem a dark art to me claim plenty but dont tell you much

One thing I really notice with Motul is the how quickly my car now cools down which leads me to believe that it is far more stable at temp, and also really offers some power advantage, small but noticable

So far have Motul brake fluid engine oil and power steering fluid in my car and have gearbox and diff oil on its way!

Chris which power steering fluid the rep said they don't do one for a T? He said that the Ba had a special type of fluid and Ford had alot of problems with the new pumps and had to make a special oil to suit?

Guest EXR24T
  • Guests

g'day chrisxr6

are you going to remove your gearbox so you can drain out all the oe oil from the converter,or are you going to just drain out what you can thru the drain plug & top up the box with motul & have a mix of the two oils ?

( oe - original equipment ) .

all the best XR624T

Motul is about the only oil I would really trust exxy yes but top stuff  :blink:

One thing I really notice with Motul is the how quickly my car now cools down which leads me to believe that it is far more stable at temp, and also really offers some power advantage, small but noticable

So far have Motul brake fluid engine oil and power steering fluid in my car and have gearbox and diff oil on its way!

Auto or manual gearbox I believe the auto requires a special oil. same with the diff?

• Member For: 20y 10m 1d
I also use Magnatec 10w-40, after recommendation from a Ford dealer.

The only oil I have found to meet the Ford spec (in the BA Series Handbook)

of WSE-M2C905-A is the formula by Penrite HPR 10, a 10w-50 Grade.

Is a semi synthetic and has a good viscosity index as well as a High TBN.

The higher the Viscosity the better for bearings, the higher the TBN the better the control over keeping the inside's clean.

Go www.penrite.com.au and have a read of their TDS.

Am currently running oil in AU wagon six, and compared to 5w-30 I used prevuosly no drop off in fuel economy. I plan on using this oil when due to change.

Regards

xrhp5 :spoton:

Penrite oils are sensational! I used there HPR30 in my ED for years, it always ran so smooth, it made tones of power and used 10% less fuel than any other E-Series MPFI 4.0

I intend to use the recommended penrite for my T on its first oil change. :o

• Member For: 20y 21d
Motul is about the only oil I would really trust exxy yes but top stuff  :spoton:

Chris which power steering fluid the rep said they don't do one for a T? He said that the Ba had a special type of fluid and Ford had alot of problems with the new pumps and had to make a special oil to suit?

Mobilfluid 424 is what can be used as a replacement for ford power steering fluid same as has been used since 89

It was a farm hydraulic fluid I used no problems so far will check bottle at home

planning on gear 300 for box Manual

and gear FF competition for diff I think the performance off the diff and box is woeful at best so willing to try anything?

Guest EXR24T
  • Guests

chrisxr6 have you got a manual or auto box as your info sheet shows you having a semi automatic gearbox. if you have a manual box please disregard my reply re oil change auto box.

all the best EXR24T.

• Member For: 20y

:gooff: The fine print on the oil cap sates a 40 w or 50 w as a min requirement. After talking to the dude at FoMoCo who scrutinizes the warranty claims from the dealers, beware, because if the oil dose not meet that spec there may be dissappointment :gooff:

He also said the engine lab guys who put the specs on the oil ratings are a very conservative group. :gandalf:

For whats its worth I went for Mobile 1 5w50 after reading :gooff: so much info, I tend to to think a fully synthetic "most brands are good" not saying mobile1 is the best.

I wanted someting thin to splash up pretty quick on cold starts but would behave as a 50 weight on hot.

The other thing I found was to price around on the 20L vs 5L. packaging.

with Mobile 1 it was $65 for 5L against $200 for 20 L.

• Member For: 20y 21d
chrisxr6 have you got a manual or auto box as your info sheet shows you having a semi automatic gearbox. if you have a manual box please disregard my reply re oil change auto box.

all the best EXR24T.

Oops manual better change that! :blush:

• Member For: 21y 19d

Blackbird,

Would Mobil 1 10-40 (or is it 10-30?) be a trade only oil as well? I can only ever find 5-50 at the shops but I know there are other viscosities around. Why would they not sell the other viscosities to the general public?