Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• Member For: 11y 8m

Wow, thanks for that.

So I've done some more research - Nissan/Ford stud pattern seems to be the same (depending on model) - but there are definitely Skylines & S14's with 114.3 stud pattern. Is there an easy way to check this when I go look at the wheels? There's a possibility that they could be a 4x114.3 or a 5x120. I assume 4 is easy enough to identify (only 4 wheel nuts?) but how do I tell the difference between a 114.3 and 120 stud pattern? I don't have a way to try the wheel on my car.

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 7d

Nissans only use 4x114.3 and 5x114.3... Same as Toyota.

If they are 5 stud and have been on a Nissan... And are 8.5 front with +35 offset and 9.5 rear with +35 offset they will be fine...

The only thing you need to look out for is the center bore (the middle bit) to make sure it fits over your hub. Generally after market rims have a 73.1 center bore to fit over everything and you use a hub ring to make it sit on your hub...

Guest XR09
  • Guests

My aftermarkets were for a Nissan. Spec as worm states but a 42 rear offset. A 275 sits in the guard about 7mm with the car at a 345mm ride height

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 11d

Just for a point of reference. 20x10 in +38 offset on an FG sedan will not fit any bigger tyre than a 255/35 tyre when the car is on ssssl springs, without camber.

At completely zero degrees camber 255/35 has like 3-4mm clearance from the guard. With 1 degree of negative it has about 10mm clearance or so.

So depending on tyre etc, if you want 20x10's on a really low FG sedan and want wider tyres (275/30 or 285/30) you will need the guards rolled and pumped and might need a degree or so of neg camber.

Hopefully getting my guards worked this week, will try post before and afters to give people an idea

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 11d

So im looking at some 20" Rohana RC5 rims for my FG GT.

Front only come in 9" with an offset of 35. Are these things going to fit?....

The Rears come in 9" and 10.5. Id like the widest tyre possible. Which should I go? Dam this wheel tyre business hurts me!... Just dont like the standard. Well I dont hate them but dont love them. Plus I need wider tread! Help :-)

I was looking at buying these rims from ebay before I bought my current ones. Amazing wheels dude. Fronts will be pretty tight. Id recommend running a 10mm spacer. Will sit perfect then. Rears with a 275 with a little stretch would be perfect. If it doesnt clear get your rears rolled.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 24d

I was looking at buying these rims from ebay before I bought my current ones. Amazing wheels dude. Fronts will be pretty tight. Id recommend running a 10mm spacer. Will sit perfect then. Rears with a 275 with a little stretch would be perfect. If it doesnt clear get your rears rolled.

What rim did u go with in the end?

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 29d

20x10 +38, 275/30/20's, XA Coilovers, guards rolled and pumped a bit.

img8068dj.jpg

Edited by TRA1NR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 11d

What rim did u go with in the end?

Tsw cartharge. 19x9.5 +20 with a 255/35/19 on front and 20x10 +40 with 305/25/20 on the rear. Also for reference. I run ssl in the front and sssl in the rear with no rubbing issues at all. No camber apart from lowering it. Think rear is 1 degree. Only mod is having guards rolled.

Edited by JET50T