Fg Offsets And Tyre Questions

Dillz

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 26d

9.5 +22 will fit at the front, but will be hellaflush... and can only run a 245 tyre.

• Member For: 11y 7m 19d

Thanks guys.

Here are a couple of quotes from the description.

"They are Matt Black Koya Wheels with dual valves"

"They have only been fitted a limited time previously and are as new condition with a minor scratch that has been cleaned up, with brand new tyres as I was not happy with the old tyres. New tyres are 245/40-18 and wheels have a +16 offset. Standard falcon offset is +36 to +38. If you burn up the new tyres on the rear of your hypo GT or F6, the width will allow a 275 tyre to be fitted under the rear allowing higher grip levels. The tyres have now done about 1500km since new"

Quick Edit - They were originally on a BA/BF - if that makes any difference.

I'll be honest - I have a decent grip (ha) on rim sizes, tyre sizes, load ratings etc - but offset and profile tend to throw me off a bit.

So if it seems sketchy and/or a RWC/Insurance risk - I don't want any part of it... I could think of nothing worse than being uninsured or unroadworthy because I was chasing a decent looking set of wider wheels.

Opinions?

Thanks again.

Also - once I get my wheels, whatever they end up being, I'll make sure I post them so you guys tell me if I made a mistake or not!

Edited by samcaula13

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 29d

+16 will poke a lot. About 15mm.

Poke? As in, stick out from the front guard? That's not good.

So what is the a better suggested setup? 8.5 Fronts? stick with 245's. And then 9.5 on the rear? And potentially run 275's?

I didn't really want to go into 19-20" range, but if that's more realistic and will look better, I'll start looking around.

Thanks for your help!

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 29d

Fronts 8.5+25 upto

Rears 9.5+ 30-35

Those are safe offsets that will take decent tires.

Suppose I should ask again.

So I've found a nice of 19's to buy. They have tires already - but I'm waiting to hear back about the off-set tomorrow.

They're 9" Fronts 245's, 10" Rears 265's. I've asked for a general run down on profile and offset as to determine how they'll fit (if at all) - but I was under the impression that depending on what size wheel you go (19-20") you can go wider.

Sorry if I come across like a complete newb - I have read quite a bit of this thread already... and I've noticed quite a few people sticking very thick wheels in a 19/20" setup - with the exception tending to be 18's not being able to go as wide without poking or ridiculous off-sets. I just want to double and triple check before I spend my money - as I really don't want to accidentally purchase something that doesn't fit.

On a side note - some of the cars in here look ridiculously good with the wheel choices. Neotim's black ute was a standout for me. Amazing.

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 17d

Hey mate those size can fit in the right offset. When you find out the offset post again and we will help you out.

Edited by TRA1NR

Thanks a lot - will do.

Out of curiousity... are wheels simply made with a certain offset? As in:

Do you buy one or the other:

XXX 19",9" Offset +30

or

XXX 19",9" Offset +20

Or is it a case of, "here are the size of the wheels, stud pattern, width" and then you/fitter selects an appropriate offset?

Thanks again.

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 26d

Some are generic in offset cause they fit many cars... But don't sit the way people like.

You can buy wheels from some companies with fixed width and offset/stud pattern... Some you can choose your offset (within a range) and stud pattern... And others make usually 3 piece wheels which are completely custom (and expensive) for brake clearance, flush fitment and big dish...