Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • New Member
  • Member For: 9y 10m 19d
Posted

Hi All, 

 

I have read through the brake threads and studied the conversions. The 355 mm rotors and Brembos are very nice but a little hard to justify price on a BA street/work ute. My brakes are a total rebuild so the 300mm standard diameter rotor with slots seems a little pointless so I have arrived at what I think is the middle ground. 325 mm DBA slotted rotors with either my original calipers with new seals and the bracket kit or PBR Calipers Ford genuine or the variants I have seen. Can anyone comment on the differences on the two caliper choices?

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

you'd barely be able to notice a difference unless you went the full PBR kit, and even then, the difference would be minimal in terms of performance.

 

Just go with good quality pads and discs with better brake fluid with your stock brake setup and you'll be happy with that :spoton:

  • New Member
  • Member For: 9y 10m 19d
Posted

So to be clear I want go with 325mm Dba slotted rotors, my original calipers with a seal kit put through them with the new bracket to fit the larger rotor and Bendix premium pads, I think that will be a massive improvement on what I have now?

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Unlikely to be an improvement if you're not increasing the surface area of the brake-pad contact. If you're going to upgrade the size of the rotors, always upgrade the calipers to suit, imho.

  • New Member
  • Member For: 9y 10m 19d
Posted

I agree caliper needs to be bigger and that is why I am trying to find out how hard it is to source the PBR caliper that Ford was using on the 325 mm rotor

 

Awesome forum BTW K31th

  • Like 1
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Ford spare parts can probably get you the PBR kit. Same with PBR themselves. Or you can get them from a wrecker for cheaper 2nd hand.

 

Cheers - :Welcome2FordXR6t:

  • Member
  • Member For: 10y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: Radioactive wasteland
Posted

What's the overall difference between the 2 pot caliper on my BF to the c6 2 pot caliper? 

Piston size? 

Those pbr m series calipers are :drool:

  • XR50T
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Sydney
Posted

Race brakes Sydney do the kit you lot speak of, he's also doing a big brake set to fit in the standard 19s using a bigger more rigid PBR caliper.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • To Loud
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA, Perth
Posted

I think it may be to late to mention this, but I will in any case.

Don't forget to get braided lines. that also makes a big difference when it comes to brakes.

You don't get the spongy feel. that was the biggest thing I hated when I got the car.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...