Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 20d Location: Adelaide Posted 13/03/04 06:33 AM Posted 13/03/04 06:33 AM Hey, does anyone know if dogs are allowed. Mrs z wants to bring the family mutt - he's a whippet and he's into speed - loved the Bay to Birdwood. We could just pretend he's a particularly ugly kid.Any info welcome.cheerszeke
Guest Guests Posted 13/03/04 07:38 AM Posted 13/03/04 07:38 AM Zeek, as quoted from the official entry form "please refrain from bringing your pampered pooch, as dogs, crowds and leads have a potential to cause problems, and dogs have the need to do the natural things of life!." .... avoidance of possible litigation or even cancellation of event because of unaffordable premium increase in Public Liability Insurance is cited as reasons.
Zeke zeke Member 792 Member For: 23y 3m 20d Location: Adelaide Posted 13/03/04 07:48 AM Posted 13/03/04 07:48 AM Thanks VikPity about that! Bloody insurance is messing everything up these days! And this mutt is actually better behaved than a lot of people. Anyway, at least I won't get noseprints on my windows - leave that for Mrs z's car. Cheerszeke
Boost6 Member 111 Member For: 22y 10m 13d Location: Adelaide Posted 14/03/04 09:47 AM Posted 14/03/04 09:47 AM I saw a dude walking around with a fairly big Doberman - obviously noone told him.Was a good day(even if I was hungover!)Good to see you guys there - love the new ride Voy.Will catch up on the next cruise day.
Guest Guests Posted 14/03/04 08:43 PM Posted 14/03/04 08:43 PM Looks like we need another run,Im planning one for the 4th of April sunday1pm,so every body has had lunch,or meet at Eagle on the hill at 12 noon have lunch,then cough at 1pm from EOTHill car park..let me know your thuoghts folksSUNDAY 4TH APRIL 12 NOON FOR LUNCH 1PM TAKE OFF FROM EOTHILL CARPARKvikps good to catch up with all that rocked up to the all ford day,even bumped in to trev.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 15/03/04 01:11 AM Posted 15/03/04 01:11 AM Where's the cmon stop teasing wack a few in ere.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 23d Location: Adelaide Posted 15/03/04 03:11 AM Posted 15/03/04 03:11 AM 4th April sounds awesom Vik - I'm all for it. :oThanks for the compliment John - I was a little overwhelmed by all the ford in 1 place....got a little light header. :lol:Was awesom to hear your turbo spooling up on the dyno as well...made every1 smile!!!As for pics.....Glen had the camera....he was shooting anytihng that mooved....so I was all like :o hehe
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 15/03/04 03:20 AM Posted 15/03/04 03:20 AM Where's the :o cmon stop teasing wack a few in ere. Sorry, didn't take any pics....... but was impressed by the numbers on the dyno of a few cars. XR6T with the Nizpro stage 2 Cobra kit : 288kW at the rear. Well done Boost6.another surprise package was an XR8 with centrifugal blower... 355 rwkw !!!Very nice compact design, looks like a factory fit, supplied by Herrods, I think.Walking around, checking out the Ford products, I was also intrigued by the air inlet pipes on some of the EA Falcon motors. What's with the funny little appendage hanging off to the side of the pipe from the airbox to the inlet manifold. It looks a bit like an appendix hanging off a colon. :lol: I'm only guessing, but is it to suppress air surge / pressure flutter??? a bit like the columns they use to suppress water hammer in water pipes??? just seems odd.The other thing that I hadn't really observed clearly, is just how big the Barra 6 motor is. The Nizpro stage 2 modified cars (there were at least 3 that I saw) don't have the plumbing going across the top of the motor, so you see the entire rocker cover. Heck it's a big, long motor. I certainly did not appreciate the physical size till I saw under the bonnet of Boost6's car, parked next to a std XR6T . Don't know who took out best dyno results for the day, as I left early. There was a very nicely setup big block 429ci in an XA two door running a serious N2O system which, if it ran on the dynoi, would have been interesting..... anyone who was there want to provide further details. and Hi to all the forum guys I met. cheerstom
Guest Guests Posted 15/03/04 03:26 AM Posted 15/03/04 03:26 AM Tom 377 on N20,sure cleaned out the cobb webs.vik
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 15/03/04 04:50 AM Posted 15/03/04 04:50 AM Tom 377 on N20,sure cleaned out the cobb webs.vik 377 rwkw :o :o thanks vic, that was the lime green one we looked at. 351 clevo with N2OBut over by the dyno setup, there were three cars inside the roped area.A bronze coloured XTGT (bonnet was down, so not sure what it was running.) And, if I can remember correctly, there was an XA? 2 door Falcon on either side of the XT, and both the XA'a had 429 big blocks under the hood. One was running a very serious looking N2O setup. The other had the big block sitting unbelievably low under the standard bonnet, with most of the engine bay cleared of all the ancilliaries.... was a very neat and tidy engine bay.This style of XA 2 door is very popular in the US, with quite a few being exported, converted and with big blocks dropped in. I've read of a few with blowers installed to mimic the MAD MAX INTERCEPTOR used by Mel. awesome stuff.Like I said, not sure if either of these big block'd early Ausie fords got on the dynos...Would have made a bit of noise if they did, I'd assume.Some very nice original HO's and Mustangs also got my attention. One other car that I checked out well, was an AU XR6 with a supercharger bolted up.That looked pretty cool under the bonnet too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now