mike0819 Member 69 Member For: 12y 10m 4d Posted 22/05/16 09:12 AM Posted 22/05/16 09:12 AM hi have an fg xr6 turbo 320rkw zf 6 speed auto, because I don't have a vbox can not time it, what is the best way to lauch the zf 6 speed? traction on or off? and hold rev to 1500rpm or more? when I let go, do I floor it all the way or just wait till the tyres grip first? cause I try to just stomp on the gas all the way couple of time, the tyre just spin side ways without go straight, I do run 275 at the rear, but still loose traction. any advice?
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 22/05/16 09:18 AM Posted 22/05/16 09:18 AM Who tuned it? Just stall it up a little Put it in performance mode and forget or manual shift it at around 5.5ish because small turbo
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,111 Member For: 18y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/05/16 09:46 AM Posted 22/05/16 09:46 AM Left foot hard on brake, pull handbrake on, push throttle until it starts to creep a tiny bit, back off throttle a tiny bit so that it settles still and build as much boost as you're willing to hammer through the tailshaft... Then simultaneously drop the handbrake quickly, let off the brake and ease the throttle to 100% to minimize/prevent wheelspin. (this all assumes slicks/radials on a sticky surface). Experiment based on surface
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/05/16 12:05 PM Posted 22/05/16 12:05 PM ^ sounds legit I just use the footbrake though just stall it up as much as you can until you get wheelspin.. if youre not getting wheel spin you can build more boost/rpm before the launch and turn traction control off! as long as you can correct the car getting sideways yourself.. I never have tc on when Im driving hard, takes all the fun away
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 23/05/16 06:28 AM Posted 23/05/16 06:28 AM Step 1 is definitely buy decent tyres though. Which tyres do you have on currently? 275 is pretty wide, are they worn down or high treadwear rating? Is your suspension ok?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now