Steve O Member 106 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydneys Northern Beaches Posted 27/04/16 10:50 PM Posted 27/04/16 10:50 PM Hi guys, I've searched for a couple of days but can't seem to find an answer. I've got an 07 zf xr6t and when I put it into reverse from drive or vice versa the revs will drop a bit and then return to normal. If I have been reversing into a spot and I put it back to drive the car will even stall. The idle is also slightly rough and when the car is dead cold, as in puling out of the driveway and stopping at an intersection about 100m up the road it seems to surge like its trying to push through the brakes. Recently replaced parts are coil packs, cleaned throttle body, wastegate actuator and oil and filters. Plugs are about 500km old. I'm thinking it may be TPS, a vacuum leak or a dirty injector but am not sure. Any help as I want this sorted so I can get moving on the mods. Cheers
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 28/04/16 12:13 AM Posted 28/04/16 12:13 AM Is It tuned ?
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,120 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/04/16 11:26 AM Posted 28/04/16 11:26 AM seems like a tune issue.
Steve O Member 106 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydneys Northern Beaches Posted 28/04/16 11:50 AM Author Posted 28/04/16 11:50 AM Na stock as far as I know. Definitely doesn't go like it's tuned haha
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,120 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 28/04/16 12:18 PM Posted 28/04/16 12:18 PM my guess is PCV valve leak, but I'd use tjhis situation as a good time to try out your tuner of choice to see if they can resolve it quickly
Steve O Member 106 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydneys Northern Beaches Posted 28/04/16 08:30 PM Author Posted 28/04/16 08:30 PM Ok will do. Was just hoping to sort it myself this weekend
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 07/06/16 07:24 AM Posted 07/06/16 07:24 AM has problem been solved..... mining and old thread.
Steve O Member 106 Member For: 15y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydneys Northern Beaches Posted 22/06/16 03:18 AM Author Posted 22/06/16 03:18 AM Properly cleaned the intake system, checked all hoses and ran some injector cleaner. Doesn't stall in gear anymore. Still runs rough when cold until it almost flicks a switch where revs rise a tad and idle smooths out. weird
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,120 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/06/16 03:19 AM Posted 22/06/16 03:19 AM tuner looked at it, yet?
Guest Guests Posted 22/06/16 08:50 AM Posted 22/06/16 08:50 AM Mine did this. Disconnect the negative on the battery for min 10mins to reset pcm. Connect it back up and see how you go. It will prob idle a touch high until it works out what it needs to Mine would barely idle at times and ofcourse you cant really adjust it other than tcv which usually makes it retarded to drive.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now