Fabricating a different TH400 kit.

HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 11m 3d
4 hours ago, 1JZGTEstarion said:

I have an ALS RACE GLIDES th400 in my falcon. His autos and before and after sale customer service are second to none. He's a top bloke and a man of his word which is rare these days.

What was the price tag for this?

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 19d
3 hours ago, HI PSI said:

What was the price tag for this?

I got a price from als for 7500 with converter to handle 1200hp,   I wonder would it be a good idea to invest in a reid case, since I wanna use transbrake alot

11 hours ago, 1JZGTEstarion said:

I have an ALS RACE GLIDES th400 in my falcon. His autos and before and after sale customer service are second to none. He's a top bloke and a man of his word which is rare these days.

Standard case is will be fine for that power level. The transbrake will not affect the load.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 10y 6m 12d
On Sunday, 31 January 2016 at 4:04 PM, CCCC said:

I got a price from als for 7500 with converter to handle 1200hp,   I wonder would it be a good idea to invest in a reid case, since I wanna use transbrake alot

7500 including installation? also what about the tail shaft? how much am I looking at a drive in drive out price?

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 19d
3 hours ago, raja.pothula said:

7500 including installation? also what about the tail shaft? how much am I looking at a drive in drive out price?

No that's just box an converter its self, plus you would have to add on 1500 for tail shaft 600 for shifter, 200 for oil, an what ever labour costs.

I have my th400 in the built now but I went for a much stronger one rated at 1500hp with all the goodies, box an converter its self is 10000 dollars.

• Member For: 10y 6m 12d

thanks for sharing the info, I just can't decide between a built zf or th400. Mine is a daily so im still thinking about driving on street.

Im pushing about 450 now but I am planing to go upto 550 or 600 max in future. So either a ZF stage 3 (8-9k) or th400 (10 K)

or does anyone else using anything else?

• 3 weeks later...

Old mate that we built the box for hit Dave Sheehy's rollers last Wednesday. He has changed his turbo configuration so that he could pull some real power out  of it. Unfortunately, his turbo seized on the third run, but he still managed 525 hp with 1816 nm of torque. Suprisingly, Dave said that this is the highest torque levels that he has ever had out of a Barra.  The box ran perfectly. but the stall (3,500 rpm) flared a bit more than we expected (6,000 rpm). Obviously, he couldn't complete the tune and I believe that he's now looking at going bigger again... 

Edited by HI PSI