Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland, NZ
Posted

Ok, so I (over)loaded the car to go on holiday, put a bike rack on for the first time and got RSS fault on the dash. How do I clear it?

Cheers.

  • I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia
Posted

that's the Reverse Sensor warning

Prob happens cos the sensors in the rear bumper are being blocked.

When I fitted a towbar to my car, I had to pay extra for the wiring loom foe the trailer plug so the computer recognizes when a trailer is attached so it doesn't trip that fault

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland, NZ
Posted

Cheers, but there's no plug for a bike rack, so wasn't plugged in. Any idea on how to clear it?

  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 25d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: SA
Posted

Take it to Ford or your tuner and they will clear it for you.

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland, NZ
Posted

Just tried it without rack, still on, selected reverse, cleared, gone.

  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

So there was something attached to the back of your car that would have been blocking your reverse sensors and throws a code that indicates your reverse sensors are being blocked. You then remove said item that was blocking the sensors, then when you engage reverse again (I.e. activate the sensors) the car realises there's now nothing blocking the sensors and clears the code? Who'd-a-thunk-it...

  • Like 2
  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 25d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: SA
Posted

:bum: stripes don't bring your logic in here

this forum has no place for it :hammerhead:

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Oh dear's

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Auckland, NZ
Posted

Yeah,was a bit retarded,I started itand didn't engage reverse, saw fault and thought crap.

Then tried again and engaged reverse, oh......

Cheers anyway, I'll accept the dunces hat.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...