PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 21/10/15 03:37 AM Posted 21/10/15 03:37 AM Lucky you have a specialist and the specialist tool Is this the guy who hates me??? Or you?
huggy_b Member 94 Member For: 13y 5m 13d Posted 21/10/15 03:44 AM Posted 21/10/15 03:44 AM Nobody hates Tocchi do they? He's like an adorable man child..... 4
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/10/15 04:16 AM Posted 21/10/15 04:16 AM I have the atomic tool, have had it since '09.but I do not lend it out, unless it is somebody who I trust with mechanical aptitude and/or would replace/repair if it was damaged without hestitation/second thought 1
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 21/10/15 04:21 AM Posted 21/10/15 04:21 AM so later down the track when I buy some crow valve springs....I will throw a pile of 50s at you and they'll get done properly? Thanks dude lol Oh and answered my own question Jet you busy crumpet....apparently there's been a few cases over east with the Plaz ones breaking? Under what circumstances I have NFI, but for the $100 saving, don't think its worth it. CHEEEEERS!
camo86T Legacy Donating Member 1,810 Member For: 12y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 21/10/15 06:22 AM Posted 21/10/15 06:22 AM .apparently there's been a few cases over east with the Plaz ones breaking? Under what circumstances I have NFI, From memory there's a bit of a story involvedI've got them, CMS still rates and fits them, good enough for me 1
al10s Member 112 Member For: 13y 5m 13d Posted 21/10/15 09:57 PM Posted 21/10/15 09:57 PM I have the plaz valve springs also, no problems at all. As fitted by CMS. 1
OZYWALKER XR50T Legacy Donating Member 2,795 Member For: 13y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Western Sydney Posted 21/10/15 11:15 PM Posted 21/10/15 11:15 PM ^^Same here, still going strong.
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 14d Posted 22/10/15 03:44 AM Posted 22/10/15 03:44 AM Look at my thread of the one in 2 pieces. I went atomic in the next build. Crow requires there own retainers and collects if I remember correctly, that's why they are more expensive.
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 22/10/15 04:04 AM Posted 22/10/15 04:04 AM I think there is a basic crow kit with springs only....$260 odd on fleabay. The 'marketing' spiel said 15psi under only needs springs, but over that you need the retainers? (retainer kit is $450+ IIRC)Any truth to that or just BS (cause think you're running more than that hey Gaz?)
gaz097 Legacy Donating Member 1,752 Member For: 15y 2m 14d Posted 22/10/15 04:54 AM Posted 22/10/15 04:54 AM That sounds like a wank to me. Do the retainers give you extra seat pressure or something to allow more boost? If so I would be going with the retainers straight up. I went with plaz springs fitted by my tuner when he recommended atomic and that basically threw any warranty out the window. Again atomic have 2 sets with different seat pressures iirc but to me stressing a stock valve is a risk so I went the lower set which have been fine to 25psi. PAC is another brand that has a super high seat pressure but unless you have upgraded to stronger valves I wouldn't run them. That is purely my opinion though. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now