Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 7m 21d
Posted

I did an oil change the other day. The car has just over 20,000kms now. So this afternoon I lifted the bonnet to check the oil level and I could hear the turbo still winding down (just turned the car off) but I could hear it a little louder than normal, all though it's not loud enough to hear with the bonnet closed. I popped the front pipe off to have a look and noticed slight but Definate scoring on the housing. There's no damage to the blades and shaft play is minimal (I'm no mechanic so how minimal im not sure what's acceptable) I've attached some pics below.

Question is now what's the next step? Is it signs its on its way out? I don't hoon this car it's treated with respect and only give it a stab once it's warmed up etc etc. It's an fg mk2 f6. car is still under warranty

post-49835-0-06532400-1437727320_thumb.j

post-49835-0-44609400-1437727329_thumb.j

  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Am I the only one who read the thread title and giggled a little? :gaysex:

  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Didn't mean to undermine the seriousness of the issue...just the way I read the thread title gave me a totally different meaning...

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I saw the humor in it stripes.

They should put in a new turbo. Have you checked the turbo oil screen. Something is not right for the blades to hit the housing.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

touch nothing else and hand it back to the dealer.

OR... UPGRADES!!!!!!

:wwww: if it's going to sh*t the tin, you may as well change it out for something better for when you pour copious amounts of money into making HP...

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Doesn't take a lot of small material to plug the factory screen.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is blocked....

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

Seeing as noone else has mentioned it then I will...The housing stamped 7-1/1 tells me they are using whatever is there at the factory unless there are no more stamped 6-1/1 versions left?

As for the play, have you checked the in/out play also or just side to side as it looks like it forces itself forward also when spooling?

Regardless though I'd be taking it back to them and getting a new unit fitted as it clearly has signs of wear!

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 7m 21d
Posted

Whats the difference between the two housings you stated? I didnt notice any in/out play but could be. Ive had a few people 'in the know' more than me say its a common thing.. ill get it booked into ford

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...