Ezy2Confuze Member 899 Member For: 16y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: West Perth. Posted 17/07/15 03:57 AM Posted 17/07/15 03:57 AM There are heaps of little drops of a clear substance that are sticking to my windshield, almost like bee guts. I've tried washing it a few times including with a razor blade which only seems to have squashed it around.I'm wondering whether anyone has used a clay bar on their windows, I've seen a Chemical Guys video on Youtube and am thinking of giving it a go.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/07/15 03:58 AM Posted 17/07/15 03:58 AM Ive used a proper clay bar (meguiars) on my glass - works fineJust like using ultrafine steel wool
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 17/07/15 10:37 PM Posted 17/07/15 10:37 PM The 3M claybar (blue) is allot better than the Meguiars. It's bigger for one and generally cheaper from crash repair shops.
damo6 Member 85 Member For: 13y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: brisbane nth Posted 17/07/15 11:21 PM Posted 17/07/15 11:21 PM If its smearing when you use a blade then a claybar mightn't work straight up as whatever it is its not setting hard. Try to disolve it first. Go to bunnings look for a glue remover called funnily enough " disolve it" or another one called " omphh". Excellent stuff for getting sh*t like that off,I used it to clean rego sticker residue off effortlessly. So it should work for you.
FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/07/15 01:34 PM Posted 18/07/15 01:34 PM I clay bar and wax the windows. It keeps them looking like they've never been wound down and no water stains. Just make the wax if completely rubbed off the windscreen before going in the rain.
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/07/15 09:50 AM Posted 19/07/15 09:50 AM Tried rain x? Works really well and lasts for aaaages 1
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 31/07/15 03:16 AM Posted 31/07/15 03:16 AM There are heaps of little drops of a clear substance that are sticking to my windshield, almost like bee guts. I've tried washing it a few times including with a razor blade which only seems to have squashed it around.I'm wondering whether anyone has used a clay bar on their windows, I've seen a Chemical Guys video on Youtube and am thinking of giving it a go.Now that I've read this again I believe the stuff stuck to your car is probably sap from trees. I've seen a certain tree type (like a small gumtree) here in Townsville that spits generally during the middle of the day when it is hottest. Most people generally don't notice it and I only did a few years ago because I shave my head and it felt like rain spitting but seeing as there were zero clouds anywhere I just watched and they almost spray it like the stream setting on kitchen cleaning bottles etc! It dries like clear coat almost and needs to be dissolved to remove it so any glue or gum removers work with citric acid.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now