Bigg_kayz Member 111 Member For: 12y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Northsider Posted 08/07/15 05:50 AM Posted 08/07/15 05:50 AM (edited) So I've had this second ute for a while now, got it retuned 3-4 weeks ago , only driven it 4 times since (10-15 km's each time) BY JEEBUS it GUZZLES! .... my average is reading 33.7l/100km, but that's not what I'm judging by, I'm judging by the fact that I drive to a mates house and its like I've driven Bathurst lol. I haven't been stabbing it , I have been seeing what the best "economy" I can get out of it. Obviously I know a tuned 6 isnt about less consumption, but when its sucking worse than a MAF tuned V8 when I'm being a nanna I had to ask the question.......Is it normal? It's tuned by a reputable Perth ford tuner using X4 flasher, just had 1000Id 80lb injectors put in , had the seimens 80lb deka taken out (which were 1000kms old) was told that they're no good to tune for nice idle, the car was also having stalling issues ...In the end they still had problems on the dyno , in the end they had to clean the fuel system out because possibly octane booster had be put through the fuel system and disintegrated a performance fuel filter. The lines had to be all cleaned etc and then they got it sorted , also a fuel opening in a steel pipe fitting had been crushed ever so slightly but was replaced. (had two stalls since- hoping its clearing its throat :s) mods are:-atomic hd valve springs. -process west stage 3 cooler -Turbo smart race port bov -Brand new genuine ford lifters-Brand new Bosch 044 fuel pump and 4l surge tank-Brand new id1000 injectors.-Brand new genuine coil packs-New fuel filter and all system cleaned-Nizpro forward facing plenum-Gt35/40 turbocharger ported and bigger wastegate-11.8 actuator-Battery relocation - 4’’ dephillipo dump, twin 3" exhaust-K&n intake pod to turbo running 368rwkw /493.5hp @15.5psi I had my old utes same make and model as this one now (BA mkii 2005 6 speed xr6t) and it was tuned to 285rwkw @12psi and really it didnt seem to drink anymore than the factory tune Edited 08/07/15 06:02 AM by Bigg_kayz
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/07/15 06:09 AM Posted 08/07/15 06:09 AM Nope, that ain't right. Take it back. 3
Bigg_kayz Member 111 Member For: 12y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Northsider Posted 08/07/15 06:22 AM Author Posted 08/07/15 06:22 AM (edited) why would it be tuned that badly?I had it idling whilst I tuned the stereo I fitted the other day and 15-20 minutes just idling it took 8km range from the trip range Edited 08/07/15 06:26 AM by Bigg_kayz
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 08/07/15 06:31 AM Posted 08/07/15 06:31 AM hahahah.....damn.Does the company name begin with an X ? lol33L sounds RIDICULOUS......even big E85 tunes don't use that much? Especially if you're "being a nana"
Bigg_kayz Member 111 Member For: 12y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Northsider Posted 08/07/15 06:36 AM Author Posted 08/07/15 06:36 AM im not ginna name names , maybe im just jumping the gun as I say ive only done about 100kms or less , maybe the computer hasnt sorted it out from the last tune it had, was just absolute shiyte? this has all been city driving.what would people generally get if they flogged it with a 500hp tune? just curious
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 08/07/15 06:46 AM Posted 08/07/15 06:46 AM On E85 this dude with 503rwkw was getting 200-250kms a tank....that's flat out 24/7....So 55L tank would be between 22L-27.5L/100kms? I would GUESS 15-20L/100kms would be the norm for 500hp.....(someone will pipe up soon enough).You might have a point about the computer adjusting though.....maybeInteresting
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/07/15 06:52 AM Posted 08/07/15 06:52 AM I get around 16/100 on E85.
Tocchi Sandtrap Motorsport Legacy Donating Member 2,055 Member For: 17y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/07/15 06:57 AM Posted 08/07/15 06:57 AM I was getting around 945L/100km in the Capri 4
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 08/07/15 06:58 AM Posted 08/07/15 06:58 AM 12.8 - average - on 98 with 400kw (537hp) but I am a grandpa 'most' of the time
Bigg_kayz Member 111 Member For: 12y 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Northsider Posted 08/07/15 07:35 AM Author Posted 08/07/15 07:35 AM Maybe I should just pull the battery off for 30mins , let it reset ... fill it to full with 98 and see how I go with a full tank ? should sort out any callibration issues? my average speed is only 12kms :s
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now