PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 08/07/15 06:38 AM Posted 08/07/15 06:38 AM pfft that's not off topic lol I assume you had an X3 at the time? Tuning cars is hard hahaha
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 08/07/15 06:49 AM Posted 08/07/15 06:49 AM yeah x3Mine was probably one of the last to get paired to a car coz Herrods released the x4 and its firmware a day or two later :(A lot of tables changed = a larger file size and (not positive on this but) the x3 runs out of internal memory or space or something
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 08/07/15 06:59 AM Posted 08/07/15 06:59 AM Roger that....seems to be on par with what ratter was saying So maybe for my situation.....no trans tune = fine to tune with X3 lolHere's hoping....but I'll just have to factor in another $600-$700 in case Rob says his tune is too big
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 08/07/15 07:04 AM Posted 08/07/15 07:04 AM It will only be too big IF he changes a HELL of a lot. Trans and engine tunes are fine 99.9999% of the time on an x3 and I would def recommend a trans tune...... from my experience.
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 08/07/15 07:09 AM Posted 08/07/15 07:09 AM Yeah I've read that the trans tune is good stuff.....but I can always do that later on down the track if I needs it (haven't even asked about cost but I think it would be close to an engine tune in cost?)And yeah....my mods will be minimal, not like I'm changing the turbo or doing anything too exciting 1
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/07/15 07:20 AM Posted 08/07/15 07:20 AM (edited) Why would changing values in tables that already have values have any significant effect on file size?Were you sold an x4 to rectify this problem or given one?Ratter have you personally experienced this issue? Edited 08/07/15 07:22 AM by barnz
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/07/15 07:25 AM Posted 08/07/15 07:25 AM Why would changing values in tables that already have values have any significant effect on file size? Because 1's are bigger the 0's..............Duh. 1
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 08/07/15 07:53 AM Posted 08/07/15 07:53 AM Only X4's are available to sell new
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/07/15 08:02 AM Posted 08/07/15 08:02 AM (edited) Lol ralph, I'm sure you know what I'm thinking. But I'm not calling it yetRatter, wat? Lol. I asked if you had experienced the file size issue on the x3 personally if so, when is the earliest you can recall?. Also have any new tables been added to SCT since the release of the x4? No need to be specific. If no new tables were added was there an update to the tuning software following the release of the x4? Please don't take the million questions personally, your just an excellent source on the topic. Edited 08/07/15 08:08 AM by barnz
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/07/15 08:54 AM Posted 08/07/15 08:54 AM Lol ralph, I'm sure you know what I'm thinking. But I'm not calling it yetI don't even know what I'm thinking half the time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now