Evil XR6T Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 15y 14d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 30/06/15 03:46 AM Posted 30/06/15 03:46 AM Hey guys, Been a while since I've posted, but having a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to get traction in the BF XR6 turbo ute I just bought. My sedan was as simple as a good set of tyres, but that along won't cut it in the ute. Now before someone says "it's a ute, don't expect traction" I think with all the knowledge on here, we can figure something out. The obvious is to spend 5 grand on a bolt/weld in 4 link. However, we all know money doesn't grow on trees. My thoughts were a good set of semi-slicks for a start. Then I was going to remove a few leaf segments to lower the spring rate and hopefully get more weight over the rear tyres without the use of cement bags !!! This will render the idea of a "ute" pointless, I know. Eventually I will be putting air assist in, just trying anything at this point in time. I'm pushing sh*t up hill cause it's got 410kw and an auto. Anyway, any help would be appreciated !!!
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 30/06/15 03:51 AM Posted 30/06/15 03:51 AM TyresShocksTraction barsIn that order.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/06/15 06:48 AM Posted 30/06/15 06:48 AM this is how ute guys get grip
Evil XR6T Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 15y 14d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 30/06/15 06:51 AM Author Posted 30/06/15 06:51 AM Lol !!! I was thinking something a bit more street legal then drag slicks. What shocks do most people use?
Evil XR6T Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 15y 14d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 30/06/15 06:56 AM Author Posted 30/06/15 06:56 AM Lol !!! I was thinking something a bit more street legal then drag slicks. What shocks do most people use?
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/06/15 06:58 AM Posted 30/06/15 06:58 AM (edited) ive run ets on the street didnt really work for me, better in summer when tyres are sticky, winter forget it. but still need to feed the power slowly. im only running ssl all round stock shocks Edited 30/06/15 06:59 AM by Ford Freak
Evil XR6T Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 15y 14d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 30/06/15 07:50 AM Author Posted 30/06/15 07:50 AM Temperature isn't really an issue for me, I live in Townsville. Only get one day that's cold a year, and it'd be lucky if it under 10 degrees. I've learnt to ease on the throttle. Doesn't help my current tyres are crap. Keen to try traction bars and see how it goes. Also thinking tyres with a bit more side wall and lower pressure.
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/06/15 08:13 AM Posted 30/06/15 08:13 AM def go a nice wide sticky tyre plenty of side wall. I think micky thompson make sticky street tyres nowI also think the toyo r888s are popular choicetraction bars prob not needed unless you intend to drag race.shocks either bilstein or koni are popular
michaelhardy Member 104 Member For: 17y 3m 13d Posted 19/07/15 09:57 AM Posted 19/07/15 09:57 AM 4 BAGS OF SAND.. SIMPLE AND CHEAP.. 3
tray_182005 Member 1,226 Member For: 17y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Wee Waa/NSW Posted 22/07/15 09:10 AM Posted 22/07/15 09:10 AM I might as well jump on here. My question is regards to the 5 link setup from performance suspension, does anyone no if they are a good option, im leaning toward the caltrac/ Mono left set up as they are proven to work. But I trying to find some feed back on this set . Ralph seems to be in the no on this subject.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now