CLuTZ Legacy Donating Member 227 Member For: 15y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/06/15 10:27 PM Posted 21/06/15 10:27 PM Hi all,Just wondering if anyone has ever sourced genuine leather seat covers from Ford? If so, how much? Were they hard to fit?My driver's seat base is looking pretty sad- I'm a fairly big guy (110kg) and get in and out of my car 20-50 times a day. The bolster is also really average quality!
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 21/06/15 10:35 PM Posted 21/06/15 10:35 PM Speak to a motor trimmer - they'll set you up with better leather, better foam and a hell of a lot cheaper than anything from Ford.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 22/06/15 12:39 AM Posted 22/06/15 12:39 AM The bolster is also really average quality!Mine was also well worn with a small 2cm split, needle thread,leatherrepair kit from superchimp and a tin of nugget. Fixored like new ( nearly)You have to really work in the nugget, leave and repeat.Motor trimmer approx $180 to replace/patch bolster only
CLuTZ Legacy Donating Member 227 Member For: 15y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/06/15 07:37 AM Author Posted 22/06/15 07:37 AM 95% of the time my car is running, there's only me in it. What I am after is just a replacement skin for the lower half of the seat, that makes it look 100% factory looking and matches the passenger seat.Maybe I will call Fraud and see what they can offer
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 22/06/15 09:04 AM Posted 22/06/15 09:04 AM What type of car? Occasionally you see them pop up on gumtree, ebay...But most of the time its a pair or full set.....Will be interesting to see what Fraud try and charge though
CLuTZ Legacy Donating Member 227 Member For: 15y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/08/15 04:01 AM Author Posted 10/08/15 04:01 AM (edited) It's a G6E Turbo MK2. I dropped it off at Fraud this morning for it's final warranty stuff and they said $1142 just for the leather skin of a seat base! I lol'd! Does anyone know who manufactures the seats for Ford? Ideally I'd love a low km drivers seat with deployed airbag to pop up. Would certainly work out to be the best option.Failing that, I might attempt this fix. I will make sure I post the results and some before and after pics for you guys. Edited 10/08/15 04:16 AM by CLuTZ
HI PSI Member 1,589 Member For: 20y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Central Queensland Posted 10/08/15 11:39 AM Posted 10/08/15 11:39 AM I too, have obtained quotes from Ford for a replacement leather with suede trim and I was as shocked as you were with the quote. Even my local Fords parts man cannot understand how they can justify the pricing on a lot of the parts. There were few new (In box) sets of genuine 50th anniversary leather covers on Ebay about 8 months ago and I managed to purchase a set. Apparently, Ford sold 10 sets of these as the parts were no longer required do the line becoming obsolete.Similarly, I have purchased a few sets of N.O.S BF GT bezels and bumper inserts from a guy who purchased (Was offered to him) the remaining parts from FPV. I wish that I was lucky enough to know the right people, to get these types of deals.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now