Recommendations On Improving Engine Performance

Liam Jay

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 28d

Why would u need that much capability in an injector in an n/a car ... Just wasting the guys cashola imo

Simply, you don't need that much capability in an N/a car. However, they are able to be installed easy plus they are able to be removed easy as well. An ID or KPM injector is a far superior injector (with it's data sheet to accompany it) than anything else. A standard barra motor requires 17mg of fuel per injection cycle at idle, while a flow matched 1000 can deliver down to 7mg with accuracy. And it's not so much about outright delivery of fuel so much as how precise you can get it in. OK, I will concede a smaller injector would do just as good, but unless its finger printed like an ID is, I still don't believe it to be as good.

All this said, I've experienced a 1000'cc injector with a stock tune, and it makes a world of difference. But, if you're going to mod this thing, take it to a tuner and get him to tell you what you should do. In that case our opinions are worthless

(If I could be f*cked I'd probably put a better set of injectors in my POS focus that I thrash with contempt, but I simply can't be assed right now)

Edited by FiftyOne

• Member For: 11y 11m 3d

N/A FG's go hard I have seen them, it would be great to push that high compression engine to get the most out of it.

Imagine that bad boy with a supercharger, f*ck yeah. I have always wondered how a N/A FG Motor would go with a turbo on, insane.

Regarding Injectors, are Factory injectors poorly flow matched and is that the reason why Fiftyone you are suggesting to get aftermarket ones? I can't see any other reason why from performance point of view on the N/A engine as you won't really require to push for much more fuel flow modding an N/A.

Edited by Z2TT
  • Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 16d

Simply, you don't need that much capability in an N/a car. However, they are able to be installed easy plus they are able to be removed easy as well. An ID or KPM injector is a far superior injector (with it's data sheet to accompany it) than anything else. A standard barra motor requires 17mg of fuel per injection cycle at idle, while a flow matched 1000 can deliver down to 7mg with accuracy. And it's not so much about outright delivery of fuel so much as how precise you can get it in. OK, I will concede a smaller injector would do just as good, but unless its finger printed like an ID is, I still don't believe it to be as good.

All this said, I've experienced a 1000'cc injector with a stock tune, and it makes a world of difference. But, if you're going to mod this thing, take it to a tuner and get him to tell you what you should do. In that case our opinions are worthless

(If I could be f*cked I'd probably put a better set of injectors in my POS focus that I thrash with contempt, but I simply can't be assed right now)

And I could go put a TBRE built motor in my mums n/a xr6 incase she ever decides to take it past 4k rpm going to the shops, but it would seem a bit pointless?

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 5m 9d

I would think a set of stock turbo injectors would suffice if an na was ever out of injector. There is no power to be had with cams on a vct engines unless it is pushing some serious power or you want to rev it harder for some reason.

Jet that bf xr6 looks fkn mint, good power for a bf as well.

OP an fg is going to push 200rwkw with similar mods to that bf. Bloody good for a p plater car. Couldn't squeeze that out of my VN SS back in the day.

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 29d

Yep barnz the piks did it no justice as the owner is an ocd detailer so it was show spec everytime we seen it

DYNO doesn't show huge gains but it did wake it up a fair wack on the street

And it had stock injectors........ That had heaps of head room :P

• Member For: 11y 11m 3d

Now this has got be interested. It reminds me of an old Autospeed article I read about a group who specialized in pushing the N/A Barras, have a read :

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=Powerhouse-Atmo-Falco&A=3083

Now despite what people say here, they mention the factory camshafts are restrictive somewhat.

I know in Turbo cars the cams aren't really that crucial because you make it up with boost, but in an N/A car you don't have that freedom.

Is there any other tricks that can be used on the Atmo motor to get even more power not mentioned before, short of Nitrous or running different fuels?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 29d

It's quite simple when it comes to camshafts and a N/A application ...... Whatever u gain up top u loose down low and vice versa

The N/A can only do so much with the limitations of 98 fuel and cylinder capacity

Head work,cams,intake,exhaust and race fuel or n2o is the most you can do before u need FI

Most people know dazzler with his pink BA and the bulk load of cash he's thrown at it and barely cracked 200rwkw N/A but good on him for exploring every possible avenue

It is what it is fellas !

• Like 1