Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hey sorry for late reply, no I didnt have the earls oil line fitted from the start.. I actually just got it installed like 2 weeks ago, ive literally done 22500ks and the turbos leaking oil, its been running 14 psi for about 10xxx ks

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 4m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NOR Perth
Posted

yeah can't help with the leaking oil part...but yes, turbo oil line is necessary cause heard of turbos dying with even less kms (I recall someone said or I read somewhere that theirs died in like 5000kms)

You sure its properly leaking and not a loose clamp or hose or something? Apparently there's usually a bit of oil near the front inlet part....but not heaps.

Hope you can sort it out :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Im not too sure, ive gotta get under it again and take a propper look, its pretty embarresing really, I didnt expect it at all, and im currently sussing out a ba turbo with a bad core ready for replacement, but im not sure if I should buy that or a new gtx3582 front housing and put it on my standard fg rear housing

  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Im not too sure, ive gotta get under it again and take a propper look, its pretty embarresing really, I didnt expect it at all, and im currently sussing out a ba turbo with a bad core ready for replacement, but im not sure if I should buy that or a new gtx3582 front housing and put it on my standard fg rear housing

  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

I wouldnt bother with a stuffed core turbo. you cant really repair ball bearing turbos as easy compared to the old journal bearing ones.

Gtx3576r if you enjoy the standard turbo spool

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

How much later would a x3582r spool up compared to a standard gt3576r or x3576r

  • I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia
Posted

That would depend on how each are tuned and your other mods

  • Too heavy needs boost
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted (edited)

Gtx76. 360 on 98 400+ e85 and nearly the same spool as the gt but it doesn't lose its legs.

Edited by Bizkets is fat?
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Ive got 318rwkw now.. I dont know if I want to pay 2k for only 40 extra kw although the spool does come on nice and early on the 76's

Ive found a brand new gtx 3582r front housing on ebay for 1650$ any reasons as to whyni shouldnt buy that one and just bolt up to std fg turbo housing?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...