barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/03/15 02:38 AM Posted 28/03/15 02:38 AM Yeah they are, to be fair they do good work. The only complaint I've heard consistently about them is they love to empty your wallet...and get upset when you don't want to. 1
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Posted 28/03/15 04:13 AM Posted 28/03/15 04:13 AM Mate if you're happy then all good, but hit the strips a few times and see where your mph is at. All it means is that you don't have the 'dyno figure' you think you have. Maybe find a member from another tuner around that area with similar mods and go for a drive with them and see if there's any difference in cars 1
mosha1982 Member 38 Member For: 13y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 28/03/15 07:59 AM Posted 28/03/15 07:59 AM when I bought my ba it was already tuned by jamie and wow he can tune.. it had a curve like a free style kicker ramp.no power down low than ramps up to slamming power like a 2 stroke moto.I did bulk mods and toowoomba was a little far away so I tried a couple south side shop's and ended up at rdp.I guess we can only go on personal experience with performance shops.
mosha1982 Member 38 Member For: 13y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 28/03/15 08:00 AM Posted 28/03/15 08:00 AM when I bought my ba it was already tuned by jamie and wow he can tune.. it had a curve like a free style kicker ramp.no power down low than ramps up to slamming power like a 2 stroke moto.I did bulk mods and toowoomba was a little far away so I tried a couple south side shop's and ended up at rdp.I guess we can only go on personal experience with performance shops.
mosha1982 Member 38 Member For: 13y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 28/03/15 08:01 AM Posted 28/03/15 08:01 AM when I bought my ba it was already tuned by jamie and wow he can tune.. it had a curve like a free style kicker ramp.no power down low than ramps up to slamming power like a 2 stroke moto.I did bulk mods and toowoomba was a little far away so I tried a couple south side shop's and ended up at rdp.I guess we can only go on personal experience with performance shops.
matt036 Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 16y 8m 22d Gender: Male Posted 29/03/15 12:38 AM Posted 29/03/15 12:38 AM As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't be sacrificing your tune by how close the tuner is away from you instead of how good they actually are. I live in Gladstone and traveled 7 hours down to see Jamie at Forced because he was the only one I trusted to push my ba and have a decent tune that'll hold it together and it did so was definitely worth the trip. 2
skippy228 New Member 17 Member For: 15y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone, QLD Posted 29/03/15 12:43 AM Author Posted 29/03/15 12:43 AM Im in gladdy too bud,,
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 29/03/15 12:56 AM Posted 29/03/15 12:56 AM Yeah they are, to be fair they do good work. The only complaint I've heard consistently about them is they love to empty your wallet...and get upset when you don't want to. Re Elite are a very good shop and I have tried a few over the last 10 years.Good at diagnostics.I still use them and Barnz is right. Not cheap.That said I have not had any tuning work done since "Tim the Tuner" left
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/03/15 01:53 AM Posted 29/03/15 01:53 AM Tim was a champ.
matt036 Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 16y 8m 22d Gender: Male Posted 29/03/15 04:31 AM Posted 29/03/15 04:31 AM Oh yeah true well dave in mackay would be your best closest option. As said earlier with a decent tune and some et streets you should be crackin 10sec passes no worries. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now