DZITEZ New Member 6 Member For: 11y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 31/01/15 01:43 AM Posted 31/01/15 01:43 AM Hi, I'm so excited because I have just bought an 09 FG XR6 Turbo. Loving it.I used to own a 04 BA XR6T which had to sell due to a business partnership. Don't do it! I have been trying to get another one and finally it happened.
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 31/01/15 02:01 AM Posted 31/01/15 02:01 AM Pics! If its the one in your profile pic I almost bought one in the same colour with lux pack, still wish I did sometimes..
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 31/01/15 03:32 AM Posted 31/01/15 03:32 AM Great cars arent they The baby turbo is pretty awesome too...was all set on a bf MKII....then test drove an fg and instantly loved it (the other bf felt laggy and slow in comparison lol).And as said pics!!!!!
DZITEZ New Member 6 Member For: 11y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 31/01/15 08:16 AM Author Posted 31/01/15 08:16 AM yeah its the one in the profile pic, I'll get some pics but finishing off the stereo first. I have removed the 8" sub and put 2 12" Focals, got the signal from the door speakers and ran fresh wires to the Orion 6.5" splits in the front. Left the factory rears in as I had dont have any yet. It has the white noise down low but will be getting a inline converter which should stop it.I used to have a BF2 Gas Wagon which averaged 17 ltr/100. The Turbo is averaging 11, can't believe that is happening with more than double the Kw.
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 11m Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 31/01/15 08:23 AM Posted 31/01/15 08:23 AM Nice comeback, sounds like youve earned it.+ 1 for business partnerships sucking! Lesson learnt. 2
trumpy955 Member 183 Member For: 17y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Gladstone Queensland Posted 01/02/15 07:15 AM Posted 01/02/15 07:15 AM Cool as mate. I am looking for one now. just gotta sell the ute and find a manual version. Hope to hear more about it soon !!! 1
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 01/02/15 07:57 AM Posted 01/02/15 07:57 AM nice to see your back in another T.stereo sounds like a winner what brand did you go with? Did you put in any soundproofing/dynamat?Enjoy your stay mate good bunch a people here.
DZITEZ New Member 6 Member For: 11y 8m 25d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 01/02/15 10:39 AM Author Posted 01/02/15 10:39 AM nice to see your back in another T.stereo sounds like a winner what brand did you go with? Did you put in any soundproofing/dynamat?Enjoy your stay mate good bunch a people here.Thanks guysI put 2 x 12" Focals, Alpine MRP-F600 4 channel bridged for the subs, Another Alpine MRP-F400 (I think) for the Orion XTR62 splits for the front, I used the brackets in the A piller for the Twet's. Only have the stockies in the rear doors for now. I almost had 6x9s in the rear doors but didnt want to cut the car.I will be using this flashing stuff from the hardware store to do the sound proofing, It's thinner than Dynomat but alot cheaper. I have used it on my old wagon and works a treat. 1
Andy777 Member 28 Member For: 14y 5m 23d Posted 02/02/15 03:08 AM Posted 02/02/15 03:08 AM congrats mate, the fg turbos are fun cars to drive
azz Legacy Donating Member 37 Member For: 15y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: up in the clouds Posted 02/02/15 10:11 AM Posted 02/02/15 10:11 AM well done. how did you do without? 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now