Cheep And Nasty Tyres

bloodycrashboy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m

hey wombat....have you had a chance to drive them in the wet yet???

be interested to know how good they are...

I have eagle f1 asymmetric 2 and are excellent wet weather tyre....obviously I'm not expecting them to be anywhere near as good....but do they slide around at all I.e. low speeds roundabouts, etc?

Not sure what the weather is like over there but had a couple rainy days over here in the past month or so....

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 13d

I'm very happy with them in the wet, when I bought them I was expecting them to be a bit slippery in the wet but they're great

In the motor mag performance tyre test they got first place in the category of best wet lateral G-force

And placed first overall beating the Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m

Whoops! missed this post from the Taleb Tyres thread lol

wombatG6ET, on 27 Jan 2015 - 4:41 PM, said:
I got 2 Ventus RS 3's on Saturday, in 275/35x18
They are awesome, so much grip in the dry, and after driving to and from work today in the pissing down rain, I am bloody happy with them in the wet as well
Thanks Taleb Tyres

But your recent response above is even better....sounds pretty good to me. If the special or similar price is still available, I may have to consider these as my next pair of rears.

Might send you a PM in 3 months time....to see how they are wearing lol....I'm quite surprised that I've done 16,500kms in my stock FG T and the tyres still have at least 40-50% tread left....but for the price you paid - if it does 15,000kms you could buy 2 sets and still be pretty much on par price wise with the goodyears lol almost anyways

cheers!

• Like 1

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 25d

At the workshop today I found myself in a irisistable position, my work college ( ss Late model camira owner) was watching as I departed, so , brake, accelerator, wheelspin!, all I can say is, man these achilles tyres sure put out allot of smoke, the whole workshop filled up with smoke and then some!!!

• Like 1