bloodycrashboy Feeling the Love :-) Legacy Donating Member 4,421 Member For: 13y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Not in Cairns anymore Posted 31/12/14 09:44 PM Posted 31/12/14 09:44 PM Hi All, just wondering how accurate the onboard computer is.I have only recently purchased this car, had 38000klm when purchased, now 42000klm.Speedo is VERY accurate(within 1 klm per hour at 100)I had 11klm/100 on average fuel consumption which I had not reset since purchase.I have been driving it half and half, cruising/fast acceleration since I picked it up (absolutely LOVE it )I reset the Avg Econ and went for a drive (about 160klm return) which was mostly open road cruising, but also through my town twice (Cairns) on the way there and back. I saw 8.5klm/100 when on the open road, by the time I had come back home through town I had 8.7klm/100 on the Avg Econ.To me this seems exceptional for the amount of power I have on tap.The car does have a 4" intake, pod filter, battery relocation and a aluminum intercooling piping.Previous owner said there was no other mods done.Is this a realistic fuel usage scenario, or should I be looking at actual liters I put in the tank to klms I have driven.
barnz Member 3,047 Member For: 12y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/01/15 12:25 AM Posted 01/01/15 12:25 AM (edited) They are in their element on the open road, I can go below 10 averages on long open road/highway trips to 15-16's flogging the chit out of it around town/short trips, distance travelled per tank is the most accurate way to work it out. Edited 01/01/15 12:27 AM by barnz
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 01/01/15 01:23 AM Posted 01/01/15 01:23 AM Has it had a set of fingerprinted injectors put in? If not you might do even better again. What you've exhibited there isn't common (because of how we drive) but it's certainly not unheard of. With tighter control on all injectors (1000's) and a bigger cooler to drop the temps, I see no reason why you couldn't get even a bit lower. Hell I've seen very high 8's in my stock BF. Around town though at sane speeds it does drink a bit, but that's large cars for ya 1
kgcG6ET New Member 16 Member For: 12y 5m 19d Gender: Male Posted 01/01/15 01:27 AM Posted 01/01/15 01:27 AM My car has averaged 9.1 L/100km for a 300km trip on the highway and averages around the 11 L/100km around the city. For the power that these cars can generate, the fuel economy is quite reasonable if driven normally compared to e.g. a Mercedes C63 which would average in the high teens around town.
XtRmn8 570Nm @1800rpm Legacy Donating Member 2,441 Member For: 23y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 01/01/15 01:46 AM Posted 01/01/15 01:46 AM The on-board calculation in my FG were within 0.2L per 100km so pretty accurate.Best and most accurate way to calculate it manually by tracking your fuel used and distance traveled. Reset one of your trip computers when you fill up and next time you fill up you can work out consumption (L/100km) based on kms traveled (trim computer reading) and fuel used (amount of fuel required to fill the tank). 2
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 01/01/15 01:49 AM Posted 01/01/15 01:49 AM Or if you're lazy like meInstall the Fuel Log app
bloodycrashboy Feeling the Love :-) Legacy Donating Member 4,421 Member For: 13y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Not in Cairns anymore Posted 01/01/15 01:54 AM Author Posted 01/01/15 01:54 AM The drive I did was very sedate, and only overtook 2 cars (not many cars on the road) and I only dragged off a couple of cars in town off the lights.as far as injectors go, I want to put in a 4" dump and 100cpi cat, id1000 injectors and a flash tune box.Everything I have read points to these things as the cheapest KW gains.I want to retain the original cat back exhaust because it is sooooooo quiet and I don't want to draw any unwanted attention
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 01/01/15 02:24 AM Posted 01/01/15 02:24 AM Don't forget to have a look at the kpm injector offerings. They are compairable, the same or better than an Id. They also are cheaper and are all fingerprinted in Australia
bloodycrashboy Feeling the Love :-) Legacy Donating Member 4,421 Member For: 13y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Not in Cairns anymore Posted 01/01/15 02:26 AM Author Posted 01/01/15 02:26 AM what is "fingerprinted" ?
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 01/01/15 06:53 AM Posted 01/01/15 06:53 AM It's what most people refer to as "flow matched" but as I discovered at the kpm evening, they spend a huge amount of time logging all sorts of data on how an injector responds when it delievers fuel at all sorts of speeds, pressures, voltages. Huge amount of data collected. These are then put in matched sets with a data sheet of information which is to be input to the ecu 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now