GeGe6 Legacy Donating Member 1,980 Member For: 14y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: Perth, SOR Posted 01/01/15 01:56 AM Posted 01/01/15 01:56 AM Pic's of PWR heat exchanger for all interested. 2
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 01/01/15 02:20 AM Posted 01/01/15 02:20 AM And same/same fitted to a B seriesI had to modify the hosing arrangement slightly as my car was originally fitted with a thermostat valve for the trans cooler circuit. This was leaking and is no longer available from Ford ( or aftermarket) this ment the pipework on my car was different to PWR's supplied lay out.It was an easy enough fix I just had to buy another couple of meters of heater hose and a 19mm 90deg elbow and a 19mm straight joiner. (aprox $30 all up). Im happy with this layout as it removed 5 pipe connections compared to the stock set up and the joiner's PWR supplied. Less joines= Less chances to leak.Apart from that minor hurdle I cannot fault the quality of the kit. 3
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 01/01/15 03:07 AM Posted 01/01/15 03:07 AM ^^^ It's a must have Ralph. Simple as that.
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 01/01/15 03:26 AM Posted 01/01/15 03:26 AM And, if you punch the exchanger on something then the box is already dragging behind the car.If you don't have one installed or at least the air-air furious one (also a PWR unit) then you're nuts given the amount of confirmed milkshakes. It's just something you don't roll the dice with imo. Other than my Brembos, it's the best non-performance mod I've done. Zero regret fitting it - total piece of mind. 1
Ctyjet Member 72 Member For: 14y 10m 13d Posted 01/01/15 06:24 AM Author Posted 01/01/15 06:24 AM Would prefer the air cooler with thermo fan if I was to get an air cooler but its more expensive than the pwr exchanger so thinking im just gonna go with the pwr.
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 01/01/15 06:46 AM Posted 01/01/15 06:46 AM Does the thermo fan have a preset range in that sort of setup or is it on all the time?
burkey05 Member 76 Member For: 12y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/01/15 11:52 PM Posted 01/01/15 11:52 PM I'll get it Biz........... ^^ front right corner .. Go back a page and there's a pic in post #12yep. saw it after I posted. thx
xr6tForMe Legacy Donating Member 318 Member For: 13y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 02/01/15 02:41 AM Posted 02/01/15 02:41 AM Pretty sure this was what I fitted to my G6ET.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUTOMATIC-TRANSMISSION-OIL-COOLER-FORD-BF-FG-6-SPEED-AUTO-ZF-TRANS-EX-LARGE-/121530278836?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c4bc4e3b4Using sonething like these to mount ithttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIVERSAL-RADIATOR-ELECTRIC-FAN-MOUNTING-KIT-STRAP-TIES-COOLING-/161235861769?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item258a680109I mounted mine in front of the radiator, so it will get airflow through it, but I suspect people with larger intercoolers would not have space to fit it there.
Ctyjet Member 72 Member For: 14y 10m 13d Posted 02/01/15 03:01 AM Author Posted 02/01/15 03:01 AM Just spoke to ford with a new one for them it comes with 12month warranty so the box is covered if it does fail, might do this for now until I have funds to do the pwr would rather spend my money on other stuff at the moment
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 02/01/15 03:09 AM Posted 02/01/15 03:09 AM Get it in writing! The part would be covered but I doubt the gearbox would...Sounds like BS to me lol 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now