Brake Shudder - On The Hunt For The Problem. Over Heated Brake Fluid?

masda74

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

yeah no sh*t hey....since ralph & butt plug say the pads are garbage....I'm thinking when I change to the DBA rotors, I'll use a different set of pads.

since everyone raves on about the A1RM's.....might give them a try (hopefully the brake dust doesn't drive me crazy)....but since its a while off; I might wait and see how Luke finds those project mu pads

I'm hoping these Pedders guys can spot the bushes that are causing me grief....if not I will still try the radius arm to chassis bushes & upper inner control arm bushes as suggested by Pat & Luke.

f*ck I hate shudder!!!!

I personally like the a1rm's and I'm running them atm, not going to be your cup of tea if you dont like dust and noise but holy fark they work.
  • Like 1

• Member For: 19y 2m 14d

If the current pads have overcooked and dumped resin on the rotors they are cactus and hard stops won't fix it.

Depends.

Had it once on two piece discs. After much running around trying to get a solution, a simple brisk drive and long cool down resolved the issue.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Not really gonna help but I can heartily recommend a good hard drive through the back roads on the way to Pemberton.

Cured my brake squeal (T3s with Remsa pads) and I think burned off some of the oil in my intercooler or intake manifold or something as the car seems to have more snappy off the line performance hahaha. Feels like it revs faster after the caning I handed out.

Curing brake squeal I'm happy about though. Guess it was the medium to hard braking but never stopping for 10-15 minutes at a time.

Fingers crossed for you it's simply a resin issue as said. Different pads might remove it as they use different compounds?

Remember in the QFM pads range the HPX are the mild street version and A1RM are harder on rotors and more track oriented (have only used HPX myself).

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Depends.

Had it once on two piece discs. After much running around trying to get a solution, a simple brisk drive and long cool down resolved the issue.

where you running these pads tho?

http://bremtec.com.au/product-range/brake-pads/endure/

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

Imo the a1rm's aren't an ideal street pad, its more like a track pad that still has a decent coefficient from cold. Just a warning coz they are very good and the rave reviews are correct but honestly some guys will struggle to live with them day to day. I have found them quite noisy at times and the dust is brutal. I personally dont give a sh*t about either of those things though.

Would love to try the t3 a1rm combo in some brembos, would be unreal. There are of course better pads around but not for 120 bucks

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

How much more $ are they than Remsa pads?

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Double post? must be on tapatalk :P

If I were to fork out $286 for them to be delivered to my door step, they better be made of gold.

Just out of curiosity, if I were to get them, how long on average would they last? 50,000km / 60,000km?