E85 And 98 Tune.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 7d

im about to do this cant you just unplug the line from your surge and connect it to a hose to a bucket and pump the fuel out than reconnect the fuel line and than fill up with a jerry can havnt tried to do this but that's what I was told to do

Most definitely if u can be bothered getting under it etc. Other way which is what I did was remove intank pump and suck out all fuel. And leave the plug to the intank pump off and start it and run the surge tank empty.

yea I was told to do the same drain the tank and surge when going from 98 to e85 but I'm still not sure about it :/ I want to get on my e85 tune tonight was just going to run it as low as then fill right up with e85 then just flash the e85 tune in and hope it runs lol

Yeah when swapping over just run it nearly empty then do a full fill. The amount u change the ethanol content by will be marginal.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 6d

ive just recently had my car tuned and its currently on the e85 tune,how low do you go in fuel before switching back to 98,on the trip computer.Kms to empty,thanks.Or does everyone just run e85 all the time.I was just curious to see hoe the 98 tune goes.

• Member For: 11y 6d

Thanks for that butt plug,ill give it a go today.I might also change my fuel filter.I put a new genuine filter on when I had it tuned probably 1500kms ago.But I believe the e85 may have given the fuel system a good clean out.Are the genuine ford fuel filters ok if you change them regularly,or is there another brand e85 guys use.thanks

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 21d

I've heard people say that when you tune for E85, it's a good idea to change fuel filters every 1000 - 1500 k's for 4 or 5 filters coz of that 'cleaning' efect the fuel has.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 12d

If switching fuels for tuning I would run the fuel out before switching.

If just switching between tunes then just run down to e or as close as you can and fill right up with the alternate fuel.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 12y 2m 7d

Just yesterday I had 30 km left of E70 left in tank , & I  changed to my 98 tune , Now I did this prior of going to the servo to get fuel which is just 10 minutes from my place , When the loaded file was finished I turned car on & it would not idle , finally car idled for a while to make to BP servo to fill up , now the car every now & then car drops revs & stalls at lights , why is this happening??