"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 10/09/14 10:03 PM Posted 10/09/14 10:03 PM Both my cars are insured for roughly double what I paid for them( agreed value)....so I'm cool.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/09/14 10:12 PM Posted 10/09/14 10:12 PM Keep checking agreed value. Have had an experience were agreed was 43 k. 14 months later it was 31 k. 1
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 10/09/14 10:30 PM Posted 10/09/14 10:30 PM I've been with Shannon's for about 10years and they've always been good value and good to deal with.In that time they've never changed any agreed value I have had.I have both cars (daily drivers)and the XA hardtop (under resto) , my enduro bike plus house and household contents and no-one comes close price-wise.I even told them that I paid a lot less than they were insured for and they had no problems with that.I really rate these guys!!!And in general I hate insurance companies !
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 10/09/14 10:38 PM Posted 10/09/14 10:38 PM Oh and all my Greenslips are with Shannon's !Yeah I like em !
Xr50 Legacy Donating Member 196 Member For: 16y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 11/09/14 01:19 AM Author Posted 11/09/14 01:19 AM Didnt they have the keys...alarm would be pointless if they did....depends on the alarm, ive been looking at viper http://www.vipersecurity.com.au/
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 11/09/14 09:04 AM Posted 11/09/14 09:04 AM I really rate these guys!!!And in general I hate insurance companies !but you love exclamation marks!!!
"Captain Retard" Member 1,417 Member For: 12y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Shellharbour NSW Posted 11/09/14 09:11 AM Posted 11/09/14 09:11 AM I was afraid somebody would sooner or later figure out I'm addicted too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' 1
Xr50 Legacy Donating Member 196 Member For: 16y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/10/14 12:11 PM Author Posted 28/10/14 12:11 PM Well after 9 weeks, been in the body shop for 7, it looks like I'm finally gonna get my ute back this Thursday. Time will tell if I'm gonna keep it long term but I'll give it a go. Think the final repair bill was in the region of $15K it was touch and go whether they were gonna write it off, part of me wishes they had. Got a few ideas for future upgrades, firstly a decent alarm with tracking, and some new rims. Later exhaust and maybe the turbo.Be good to get a car back anyway. Had to use the bike all this time. 2
tobylee Member 120 Member For: 13y 1m 17d Posted 28/10/14 02:27 PM Posted 28/10/14 02:27 PM Might pay to check if agreed value gets paid out if the car is never recovered. I've heard stories of agreed value automatically being changed to market value to combat insurance jobs and ghosting of cars.
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 28/10/14 10:07 PM Posted 28/10/14 10:07 PM ^^^Wtf? Read post above yours mate....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now