frozenxr6t

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 9d

now got a ba xr6t so the fg is coming off the road for diff bushes and tailshaft centre bearing cause the thing clunks really bad. wish me luck cause ill be doing it from home! any tips anyone

Yep,

Doing it on a hoist would be much easier. Do you have one or access to one ?

• 7 months later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

So you've pulled the sump off already but haven't got the replacement oil pump parts? that's keen :P 

Did you end up getting a tune for the turbo side intake?

• Member For: 9y 8m 13d

Sumps still in place now as we pulled sump down enough and lifted engine enough to get the pump off. I'm exchanging pumps so I needed to send mine down before they send new one unless I pay extra 275 bucks. But turned out my pump was total so found a replacement pump in working order for 30 bucks so sent it down so new one should see my place next week.. Still know tune oil pump let go first.. And I had the airbox setup back in.. But turbo side is back now and I'll be going straight to get a re tune once pumps in.. 

P.s sump had no gasket just sealant around the sump and block faces. But on I seen on eBay gaskets for ft xr6 turbos??? Anyone know for sure if I was meant to have a gasket in between the sump and block?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

nice work with regard to the oil pump replacement sneaky maneuver :spoton:

Yeah, there should be a sump gasket in place from Ford, although sealant might be sufficient (I'm no engine builder, so I don't know for sure). Yours wasn't leaking around that area, was it?