Peppy_t92 Legacy Donating Member 748 Member For: 13y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool Posted 08/07/15 01:38 AM Author Posted 08/07/15 01:38 AM (edited) I'll have to take some measurements, the GT/KPM intake and even the factory BA/f intakes work by channelling the air through the entire front grill, up to where the bonnet latch is (both sides, not just the passenger side) then the bonnet directs it towards the intake snorkel/filter... I'm thinking of trying to capture all this air in a similar fashionDon't get me wrong, the Process West Air box is great, and is more then adequate for 99% of people, especially with the 6" filter and bell mouth, that directs the air to the 4" intake pipe... But let's face it, I've spent so much time refining everything else, why stop there Edited 08/07/15 01:47 AM by Peppy_t92 1
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 08/07/15 01:55 AM Posted 08/07/15 01:55 AM Only thing to do next is ram air intake by cutting out the high beam reflector on one side 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 08/07/15 01:58 AM Posted 08/07/15 01:58 AM Just run it without a headlight
Peppy_t92 Legacy Donating Member 748 Member For: 13y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool Posted 08/07/15 02:03 AM Author Posted 08/07/15 02:03 AM Haha I'd say the turbo will be digesting more air then air speed going in, but I get what your saying woody haha... Genius mate! Have you still got our original design laying around at home?I would Matty, but it's not a VL turbo haha
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 08/07/15 02:11 AM Posted 08/07/15 02:11 AM I do, but I would ideally like new lights because the lenses have had it. Still want to do what I said for your car!
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 5m Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 08/07/15 02:12 AM Posted 08/07/15 02:12 AM Gone full vl 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/07/15 02:14 AM Posted 08/07/15 02:14 AM that air intake is not muffling - I can assure you of that. Proof of this is in the gauge reading 30PSI at the manifold the turbo is certainly not struggling to create the vaccuum suction it needs to draw in enough air to compress
Peppy_t92 Legacy Donating Member 748 Member For: 13y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool Posted 08/07/15 03:49 AM Author Posted 08/07/15 03:49 AM I'm with you Keith, but surely it can be made more efficient
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,115 Member For: 18y 5m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/07/15 03:53 AM Posted 08/07/15 03:53 AM I believe you'd be hard pressed to find an inefficiency in a 6 inch long, 4 inch diameter pod filter, especially when the turbo is creating a vacuum to suck it's air in through it.You'd probably need to be making 1000kW+ to notice a difference
Peppy_t92 Legacy Donating Member 748 Member For: 13y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool Posted 08/07/15 04:03 AM Author Posted 08/07/15 04:03 AM No doubt about that, I'm thinking more along the lines of where is the actual box getting its cool air from? There is sweet Fark all circulation going into the air box... We'll soon find out, it's an inexpensive exercise for my next free weekend
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now