FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 12/07/14 01:59 PM Author Posted 12/07/14 01:59 PM logo as well?
F18XRT Member 77 Member For: 14y 8m 2d Posted 12/07/14 02:07 PM Posted 12/07/14 02:07 PM Yep can be arranged.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 13/07/14 01:32 AM Posted 13/07/14 01:32 AM The clear coat or what appears to be a clear coat on my brembos is peeling off. These are on my F6X so any advice here?I was just going to put a few clear coats over what I could flake off for the time being as when they are wet you don't notice the difference?I would have thought that there was no clear coat either but the car is second hand and I have never used wheel cleaner on them and do not directly pressure wash the calipers...
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 13/07/14 02:44 AM Posted 13/07/14 02:44 AM That's what mine were doing.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 5d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 13/07/14 06:44 AM Posted 13/07/14 06:44 AM that's it! Almost in the same place to...
F18XRT Member 77 Member For: 14y 8m 2d Posted 13/07/14 07:28 AM Posted 13/07/14 07:28 AM (edited) Factory calipers aren't painted with your conventional 2pak. It's a very rubbery covering almost like a powder coat. These are some I did in 2pack with a ceramic clear. I didn't re-do the brembo logo at the time as I didn't have a stencil handy and just needed to get them on the car. Edited 13/07/14 07:29 AM by F18XRT
F18XRT Member 77 Member For: 14y 8m 2d Posted 13/07/14 07:28 AM Posted 13/07/14 07:28 AM Hence once they start peeling it's pretty much it for them.
FiftyOne Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 13y 3m 8d Gender: Male Posted 13/07/14 09:11 AM Author Posted 13/07/14 09:11 AM that's it! Almost in the same place to...Same. Cheers f18xrt, Ill be in touch
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 13/07/14 12:45 PM Posted 13/07/14 12:45 PM Before I got a pro to paint them I picked off as much of the clear coat as I could and hit it with a VHT red spray can I bought at supercheap, felt dirty doing so but it looked better than the pink! Was only ever going to be a temporary measure.Make sure to post up your repainted calipers everyone!
F18XRT Member 77 Member For: 14y 8m 2d Posted 13/07/14 01:08 PM Posted 13/07/14 01:08 PM Did the pictures I posted show?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now