Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 27d
Posted

I understand but I asked the supplier and he said that he was giving me RRP pricing.

Im not happy about it, I mean I understand they need to make money but serioulsy a mark up of that much from rrp is a bit steep

I think CMS will get my coin

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

mate learn this early on - the cheapest way is the dearest way.

rarely is that not the case...

  • Like 3
  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 4m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

Id have to agree to an extent Panda but if you get proper quality parts yourself it ends up being cheaper.

Like I said nothing comes close to the satisfaction of building your own car or at least aspects of it

And CMS #1

  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 9m 24d
Posted

Agreed. Cheap and nasty tends to be that but on the flip side we get ripped off hard within Australia. Ive spent a lot of time on american forums and cant remember people talking about purchasing $2500 intercoolers for their 6-700whp cars lol. Having said that your only option is to order from there and build up your own kit which most people arent prepared to do, as stated above if theres an issue its now your issue.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

A business isn't a charity and everyone needs to make money to stay open. Don't expect itemized quotes that you can go show to their competition. This isn't Bunnings.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 12y 9m 24d
Posted (edited)

Of course I dont think anyone will argue that. Its not just within the modified ford community, its just within Australia in general. I think the majority of people will support companies within the country, but for example I can buy 2 15x10 weld wheels shipped to my door cheaper than I can buy one locally. Same with the clutch in my girlfriends car - $1800 trade for the clutch and dual mass flywheel, $660 retail for an LUK clutch/flywheel assembly shipped from central florida clutch. Clearly someone is cleaning up somewhere and id say its most likely the government, no business would ever price themselves out of the market if they had a choice.

Edited by luke187
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Problem with clutches for example is for paying under $1k there is no duty / import tax. When a retailer orders them over they aren't just buying one so the price jumps up. Obviously not 400% but it is an increase nonetheless.

Also unfortunately for us here in Australia our population is small compared to continental America, Europe and mainland Asia so we don't have wholesalers and retailers buying in the same size bulk and as a result not getting the same savings either.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 20d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Got an email back from a well known tuner in sydney and this is what it said

Hi Matt

The cost to supply and fit the injectors is $990. The cost to custom tune your vehicle on the dyno is $880. To fit the intercooler kit and the battery re location kit is $880. Fit fuel pump is $165.

Also asked for a price break down on parts and he has added at least 10% on top of what I can get it for.

This is just for an FYI

O h I dint mean show car is in top of the line, im talking neat and tidy and clean that you cna take to local shows

This is only my performance budget, other stuff is already purchased

What shop was this?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 27d
Posted

oh I would rather not say wha shoip it was as it s awell known shop.

I did ring one more tuner yesterday and they wanted 1700 for tune and xcal only

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 12y 7m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted (edited)

Got an email back from a well known tuner in sydney and this is what it said

Hi Matt

The cost to supply and fit the injectors is $990. The cost to custom tune your vehicle on the dyno is $880. To fit the intercooler kit and the battery re location kit is $880. Fit fuel pump is $165.

Also asked for a price break down on parts and he has added at least 10% on top of what I can get it for.

This is just for an FYI

O h I dint mean show car is in top of the line, im talking neat and tidy and clean that you cna take to local shows

This is only my performance budget, other stuff is already purchased

A business isn't a charity and everyone needs to make money to stay open. Don't expect itemized quotes that you can go show to their competition. This isn't Bunnings.

^^^^^^ WHS x 1000

Edited by camo86T

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...