gemms61 Member 56 Member For: 15y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 21/06/14 12:12 AM Posted 21/06/14 12:12 AM Hi guysJust had a set of Nolathane diff bushs fitted and now find I have a wining noise under load, especially around 80 km, is this normal after getting the bushes replaced, and if so does the noise fade over time.If not I'll go back to the mechanic as I did want Super pro but was told these were better and I'd have no noise.Its a G6ET with Koni, s, king springs and whiteline sway bars fitted.Looking forward to some advise.Cheers
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 21/06/14 01:08 AM Posted 21/06/14 01:08 AM I got a solid superpro put in and it transmitted looouuuuud diff whine from my well worn diff. Made me think I had a supercharger in the boot. Anyway I split itand under warranty had them put in a comfort series which is much better 1
Seaton Legacy Donating Member 537 Member For: 14y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/06/14 08:56 AM Posted 21/06/14 08:56 AM Had some SuperPro comfort diff bushes installed yesterday. No extra noise at all.
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 21/06/14 10:20 AM Posted 21/06/14 10:20 AM can you get the comfort ones for a ba xr6t? the ones I got that said comfort were solid though. no voids. I do get the whinning sound at 80 under load. its annoying but glad its not gonna cause the diff to explode haha
demon1300 Member 435 Member For: 14y 7m 25d Gender: Male Posted 21/06/14 10:34 AM Posted 21/06/14 10:34 AM Guys what are the nolathanes like in general? My stock ones are gone and am going to get them replaced before my warranty runs out in 2 months. I was thinking I'll get them to put in a super pro comfort. Thoughts? I didn't want to put stock back in, as the cars only done 25k and its toast already.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
gemms61 Member 56 Member For: 15y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 21/06/14 12:07 PM Author Posted 21/06/14 12:07 PM Well I've had my Nolathane in for a few days and they are noisey. The Super pro are a softer compound so are quieter but probably not as durable.So I suppose it depends on how hard you drive your car as to what suits. Personally I would have preferred the Superpro.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 21/06/14 01:45 PM Posted 21/06/14 01:45 PM (edited) I have nolathane and they are a bit noisy. But dont really hear it over the fuel pump, intake and 4 inch exhaust. I went solid, I wanted performance as I beat my car.Just turn the radio up a bit, problem solved. Anything with "COMFORT" in the description is for pussies. Edited 21/06/14 01:46 PM by arronm 3
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 21/06/14 02:39 PM Posted 21/06/14 02:39 PM Personally I could have lived with the whine of the solid, because race car, lol. And yeah I always have tunes going anyway. Only went comfort as it was a great free back to back comparison!
mattyb Legacy Donating Member 1,097 Member For: 18y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 27/06/14 06:57 AM Posted 27/06/14 06:57 AM I'm glad I found this thread, as I thought my rear cradle was re installed dodgy... I had a SuperPro HD put in on Wednesday, and id didn't fix ANY noises in the rear, and added the whine mentioned above, lol.Anything with 'comfort' I the name can go into the wifeys Mondeo
countiesman Member 5 Member For: 17y 6m 19d Posted 02/07/14 10:47 AM Posted 02/07/14 10:47 AM Looking to do the rear diff bushes on my BA in Sydney. Any recommendations and price guides?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now