Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: wollongong
Posted

245/35R19 fronts are the best cause its only 0.14 % bigger than the 245/40R18 and the rear 275/30R19 is -0.86% smaller than 245/40R18 so its with in 3% so that means when im going 112.65kmph ill be really going 113.65kmph

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

But most people fit 275/30/20 = 674mmOD and 275/35/19 is 675mm OD

Car will be more comfortable and grip better with the taller tyres.

GT R spec runs 275/35/19

Edited by arronm
  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

ah 19's not 20's. yes 40/35 profile is best. my bad

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 10d
Posted

245/35R19 fronts are the best cause its only 0.14 % bigger than the 245/40R18 and the rear 275/30R19 is -0.86% smaller than 245/40R18 so its with in 3% so that means when im going 112.65kmph ill be really going 113.65kmph

But most people fit 275/30/20 = 674mmOD and 275/35/19 is 675mm OD

Car will be more comfortable and grip better with the taller tyres.

GT R spec runs 275/35/19

My 20's with 245/35 put the speedo out but like 3km from where it was. For the sake of 3km difference I would go the extra 5% profile and enjoy the comfort and grip it offers

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

See how intelligent I look with glasses

Edited by arronm
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I was thinking if we added a few more strands of hair it wouldn't be too far off the the mark?? :P

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 11m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: wollongong
Posted

I'm not going 20"S I'm going 19's. Not really bothered I have 1,000 tyres on hand if I want to change the profile perks of being a tyre fitter

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

We know you arnt getting 20's. But do you understand what we are trying to say.

35/30 is the wrong profile

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 10d
Posted

I used my 35 profile 20 for comparison to a 40 profile 19 because they're basically the same. Point being speedo won't be out enough to worry about, extra comfort and grip. I can get cost price tyres, but why not just get it right the first time...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...