sixman Legacy Donating Member 604 Member For: 22y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Hills District, NSW Posted 02/05/14 01:56 AM Posted 02/05/14 01:56 AM Its slackness in the driveline. Deliberately done by ford to save money by reducing nvh without addressing it properly.I dont know if aftermarket clutch/flywheel combo would improve things?Get used to it, its psrt and parcel of the car
Robert21 Member 15 Member For: 12y 5m 9d Posted 02/05/14 05:58 AM Author Posted 02/05/14 05:58 AM Its slackness in the driveline. Deliberately done by ford to save money by reducing nvh without addressing it properly.I dont know if aftermarket clutch/flywheel combo would improve things?Get used to it, its psrt and parcel of the carYeah, I've tried driving it a little differently (Well as best I could) and you have to get gear changes and friction point & throttle perfect and it wont make the sound.. Just frustrating to hear it.. I'm glad there's no massive mechanical issue..
XtremeClutch Inactive Members 1 Member For: 16y 8m 8d Gender: Male Posted 06/05/14 12:47 AM Posted 06/05/14 12:47 AM Doubt this is normal did you find out what it was?
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 15d Gender: Male Posted 06/05/14 01:37 AM Posted 06/05/14 01:37 AM (edited) It is on the FGs... Know more than a few manuals that do it...I was paranoid at the start.. Went to dealer drove another and same. 63000ks still there. Edited 06/05/14 01:38 AM by Pazzo 1
Robert21 Member 15 Member For: 12y 5m 9d Posted 06/05/14 02:41 AM Author Posted 06/05/14 02:41 AM Doubt this is normal did you find out what it was?No I haven't yet. I am taking it to another Ford dealer later this week (my brother in law is mates with the service manager there) and I'll get his opinion. But by the responses I've been getting it sounds normal.
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 06/05/14 03:18 AM Posted 06/05/14 03:18 AM Where do ya live? I am pretty sure that they are going to say it is normal.I have an FG manual and I have the same thing.If you don't like the noise, then don't change your diff bushes to something like the nolathane bushes as it gets even worse.
Robert21 Member 15 Member For: 12y 5m 9d Posted 06/05/14 03:25 AM Author Posted 06/05/14 03:25 AM Where do ya live? I am pretty sure that they are going to say it is normal.I have an FG manual and I have the same thing.If you don't like the noise, then don't change your diff bushes to something like the nolathane bushes as it gets even worse. I'm in western Sydney (Parramatta area)Taking it to Thompson Ford late this weekI have heard that aftermarket bushes and flywheel make the sound less noticable. I almost bought the nolathane bushes yesterday!!
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 06/05/14 03:39 AM Posted 06/05/14 03:39 AM hahahaha almost bought them. had you bought them, you would be pulling your hair out. I am in Perth and the reason I asked where you were, was to meet up and you could see the difference in sound.Good luck and I hope it is the normal clunks from the manual FGs.
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 06/05/14 03:46 AM Posted 06/05/14 03:46 AM Marco your car is quiet compared to some... 1
matsfgxr6turbo Member 388 Member For: 16y 8m 1d Posted 06/05/14 12:17 PM Posted 06/05/14 12:17 PM its a twin plate clutch mate get used to it or a buy an auto I wish I had some days
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now