Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 6m 10d
Posted

Hi guys, in the market for an exhaust for my car as my exhaust is now restricting my car of more power as advised by my tuner.

Anyone able to share what exhaust they are using and if it drones etc? I am after something with a sensible/legal noise and no drone as I have a young baby.

Thanks in advance !

  • I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Far north queensland
Posted

what exhaust do you currently have?

What power do you want?

Is money tight?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hills District, NSW
Posted

I have a custom autotech exhaust which I bought because it was the quitest, and had the least drone. Compared to nizpro and xforce.

But actually, babies love drone - will put them to sleep!

The other option is to try some dynomat, particularly in the boot.

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 6m 10d
Posted

Thanks for the feedback so far.

Tuner won't guarantee me anything about no drone. He did recommend varex muffler but I have a mate who has done damage to his motor by running on in his bf xr6t. Was hoping someone knew about exhaust valves etc.

Only running hi flow cat atm. Aiming mid to high 300s.

  • Like 1
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Investigate J pipes mate. The right setup will kill the drone.

I've just added one to my smb 4" to 3.5" system. I had quite a bit of drone in the 80 to 110hz range. I was concerned about the long term effects on my one years old hearing. Adding a 930 mm J pipe reduced the noise in the above mentioned range by 14db.

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

twin 2.5 mild steel- almost none at all

  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 6m 10d
Posted

Panda eyes you running twin 2.5"? I think their is someone on the exhaust workshop forum saying they had massive drone with a twin 2.5" system. Possibly mufflers?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 13d
Posted

twin 2.5" system, zero drone at all, if you are in sydney happy to take you for a spin in my ute and show you the sound.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...