dazbuilt Member 11 Member For: 13y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: canberra Posted 14/03/14 10:04 PM Posted 14/03/14 10:04 PM The leather on my 6 sp manual gearnob is way loose and looks crap after 2 years. Ford want $580 for new one as knob is now joined to shaft and boot etc in one piece. Just wondering what my chances are for a new one under warrenty ?
coolfgxr6t Member 30 Member For: 13y 29d Posted 14/03/14 10:42 PM Posted 14/03/14 10:42 PM I have the exact same problem and wondering same thing. Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 14/03/14 11:43 PM Posted 14/03/14 11:43 PM 2 chances
dazbuilt Member 11 Member For: 13y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: canberra Posted 15/03/14 01:47 AM Author Posted 15/03/14 01:47 AM Totally agree with the 2 chances call but im going to argue that as they foolishly attached knob to shaft that shaft is now worn and needs replacing. Dont like my chances but a $600 part wearing out in 2 yrs is a joke.
Rancidpunx Brisbanes Resident Detailer Legacy Donating Member 950 Member For: 17y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane. Posted 15/03/14 02:45 AM Posted 15/03/14 02:45 AM I had 2 nw shifters under warranty for the same thing. The second I was actually out of warranty period by a few months. Even the third one let go after I sold the car as I saw it at my local Ford a few weeks later. You just have to firm with them and make sure they understand you are not happy and a new shifter under warranty is the only way to fix that. Dont let them give you the old "Interior Trim is not covered" it happens to just about every manual car at some point and is clearly a manufacturing fault or poorly designed part. I am extremely fussy with my cars and would look after them better than most and this type of thing still happens. 1
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/03/14 02:51 AM Posted 15/03/14 02:51 AM Try GEAR KNOB WARRANTY................. 4
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 15/03/14 04:13 AM Posted 15/03/14 04:13 AM ^^^^ hahahahahaYeah as said previously, this is something covered under warranty.I got the whole assembly replaced under warranty.I first made sure that all the leather at the bottom of the know was loose and not half in and half out. Then went in and said the lever needed to be looked at. They looked at it and didn't even argue. Replaced it the next day under warranty.
dazbuilt Member 11 Member For: 13y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: canberra Posted 15/03/14 07:13 AM Author Posted 15/03/14 07:13 AM Geez. I wasnt aware the spelling police were watching. Ill try harder next time. Thanks for the feedback , at least ill have some anecdotal evidence to try at fraud. Hope I got that big word right. Bahahaha.
sixman Legacy Donating Member 604 Member For: 22y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Hills District, NSW Posted 15/03/14 11:58 PM Posted 15/03/14 11:58 PM I have givrn up on ford. Ordered a new shaft and knob from mal wood.
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 17/03/14 12:36 PM Posted 17/03/14 12:36 PM (edited) Not an FG fix but I found these worked a treat as a substitute for the leather one in my manual BA. Handle is so much more comfortable compared to the disc shaped OEM one that always wears out.$85 for a MOMO shifter on eBay ftw Edited 17/03/14 12:38 PM by _Velocity_
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now