Dba Rotors

Ross23

• Member For: 15y 5m 9d

HI Guys,

I'm looking at upgrading my front and rear rotors with the following:

Front Brake Rotors - DBA 504S Street Series T2 Slotted Brake Rotor

Rear Brake Rotors - DBA 505S Street Series T2 Slotted Brake Rotor

I have a 2009 G6e Turbo and was wondering if these will be worth the upgrade over the stock rotors? I'm not taking my car down the drags or anything like that. I'm just looking for a basic upgrade over the stock rotors.

Thanks.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Funny you bring this up. Just yesterday I was discussing this with my tuner as the standard brakes that come with the car leave a lot to be desired.

That being said I was told that it would be better value to get the T3s for the fronts and T2s for the rears.

Dont forget to get the right pads as well, as this plays a big factor as to whether you have a good or bad experience.

My tuner has recommended to get the heavy duty bendix pads along with the DBA T3 and T2 rotors....

• Member For: 13y 5m 16d

Ross, what are your needs?

Is the car running more power or are you looking to in the near future?

Are you just after the aesthetics? Towing? Track or just a little street fun?

Think about this as this will narrow down what combo is best for you and more cost effective.

You don't want to end up with a really dusty pad for just general street use! Gets quiet annoying if its a daily driver and you like to keep your car clean ;)

Ross, what are your needs?

Is the car running more power or are you looking to in the near future?

Are you just after the aesthetics? Towing? Track or just a little street fun?

Think about this as this will narrow down what combo is best for you and more cost effective.

You don't want to end up with a really dusty pad for just general street use! Gets quiet annoying if its a daily driver and you like to keep your car clean ;)

Fadz,

I'm after a little street fun and nothing else. I might be considering bigger injectors and a tune later down the track and that's it.

I don't want a dusty pad just something that's clean and quiet. Yes I like to keep my car clean.

Funny you bring this up. Just yesterday I was discussing this with my tuner as the standard brakes that come with the car leave a lot to be desired.

That being said I was told that it would be better value to get the T3s for the fronts and T2s for the rears.

Dont forget to get the right pads as well, as this plays a big factor as to whether you have a good or bad experience.

My tuner has recommended to get the heavy duty bendix pads along with the DBA T3 and T2 rotors....

Madz,

What do you think of this setup then:

Front Brake Rotors - DBA 4504S T3 Clubspec 4000 Series Slotted Rotor

Rear Brake Rotors - DBA 505S Street Series T2 Slotted Brake Rotor

Heavy duty bendix pads are these dusty? Any other good pads out there that's not dusty?

• Like 1

I would go with any of the DBA sport/street series, decide by the best price you can get.

I give Bendix heavy duty a thumbs up, I have them fitted to the rear of my ford and they are very low dust.

A third compared to the Bendix SRT I have upfront !!!

+ Flush the break fluid and you will notice an improvement, if you can also afford some braided lines this will give a really nice feel through the pedal.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

^^^ +1 Darren said that the Bendix heavy duty pad are not dusty at all. They do however wear the rotar off faster because they are a harder compound.

Changing the brake fluid does make a big difference. DOT 4 is what I have been told to get.

Fadz, where did you get your braided line from?

^^^ +1 Darren said that the Bendix heavy duty pad are not dusty at all. They do however wear the rotar off faster because they are a harder compound.

Changing the brake fluid does make a big difference. DOT 4 is what I have been told to get.

Fadz, where did you get your braided line from?

Racebrakes - Sydney > Wetherill Park

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

worth every cent doing the upgrade. I've put on Bendix Street Road Track works really well but dusty as F*%k doesn't bother me it does its job.

• Like 2