discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 24/01/14 05:41 AM Posted 24/01/14 05:41 AM Easy as!
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 24/01/14 06:24 AM Posted 24/01/14 06:24 AM Sounds like it would have been harder without their help?
Brisan New Member 12 Member For: 14y 3m 15d Posted 28/07/14 01:14 PM Posted 28/07/14 01:14 PM My right rear tyre rubs on the chassis. Original wheels and tyres and no suspension mods.Had the diff replaced under warranty a few months ago (had to wait until the bearing noise was unbearable before they would do anything)Dealership pretty much didn't answer any questions I asked about the problem.....Going to try again
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 16d Gender: Male Posted 29/07/14 08:39 PM Posted 29/07/14 08:39 PM Well I fixed my problem... FG Mk 2 have adjustable support bracket on rear gaurd. We took tub liner out, undid bolts and moved bracket in 2.5 inches. Plenty of clearance now. Will try to post pics.
daveyboii Member 29 Member For: 12y 4m 10d Posted 06/08/14 12:52 AM Posted 06/08/14 12:52 AM anyone else end up finding these adjustable brackets in their car ? I got an 09 FG XR6T wondering if anyone with the same year model has this or even prior like bfmk2
Nosedog Member 3 Member For: 12y 11m 29d Gender: Male Posted 02/10/14 01:19 AM Posted 02/10/14 01:19 AM (edited) I have come across the same issue with my 2012 MK2 FG XR6T Ute.The tail sharft is out by a long way. I had this car recently lowered and this issue became pretty obvious.I bought this car with 30,000 on the clock so I don't know the history before this time, but we cannot see any indication that the car has been put on a car aligner or been cut.The wheels are slightly out and closer to the passenger side so if I managed to slide the locating bolts in the diff over in the rubber saddles it would put this even further out.I'm getting it measured up next week. But I think that in the end the I'll be putting the OEM suspension in and taking it back to Ford. Edited 02/10/14 01:20 AM by Nosedog
DW260 Member 18 Member For: 21y 9m 27d Location: Nowra Posted 02/10/14 10:21 PM Posted 02/10/14 10:21 PM Hey nosedog, my tailshaft is exactly the same and I've got standard suspension in mine.
Nosedog Member 3 Member For: 12y 11m 29d Gender: Male Posted 03/10/14 03:02 AM Posted 03/10/14 03:02 AM So DW260, do you think this is the way Ford are aligning the diff's in FG utes and is normal?Could save me a lot of hassle if this is how they set up the diffs. I'm close to putting the OEM suspension in and taking it back to them.Cheers
raised by monkeys Member 90 Member For: 12y 27d Gender: Male Location: Whyalla, SA Posted 03/10/14 09:22 AM Posted 03/10/14 09:22 AM when I spoke to Jarred at thewheeldeal.com.au he was saying that the diff in ford utes aren't centre from factory which can affect the offset choice when trying to get a set close to the guards
DW260 Member 18 Member For: 21y 9m 27d Location: Nowra Posted 03/10/14 12:06 PM Posted 03/10/14 12:06 PM Yep, sure is. The pinion is off centre, and I'm guessing that's why they have chosen to use two CV joints instead of universal joints. I wouldn't be concerned with the way it looks, just make sure the pinion angle is set properly.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now