First Tune Advice (Change Cat Or Not).

GeGe6

• Member For: 11y 11m

Does anybody sell a Dump including cat, not just a cat pipe with a hiflow cat on it for the FG?

I may be interested in doing back to back results just to find out for sure.

Edited by Z2TT

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 22d

That's who I was going to go with but for another 40 dollars ve exhaust (ebay) do a 4inch dump and cat and 3 1/2 cat back by X force.. that's what I went with and it's not that loud

Edited by McMattyP91

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 19d

This has confused me a lot too, there seems to be no certain answer. All I can say is that I have a Euro 4 Cat with restrictor ring removed and the car made about 310-320rwkw, but without having driven another car with a aftermarket car I cant give a for sure answer what difference there will be.

Simon from XFT Said the Euro 4 cat is fine, even when I wanted to change it I had a 100 CPSI cat that I wanted installed he ended up sticking with the original one, the car made about 320rwkw on Paper but I'm wanting to know if there would be any gains to be had from putting a aftermarket cat in while using stock turbo, for low end power and response when you floor the gas, I asked the guys there a few times and always they said difference will be very small so from that I can understand that the Stock FG Euro 4 Cat with restrictor ring removed is good enough.

I guess only sure way is somebody who has actually had a Euro 4 Cat debunged, and then put in a aftermarket one and got the car tuned and drove it again to know of gains for sure.

I'm thinking of putting a Venom cat on my car as I'm not too happy with how the response is like at the moment but I think my issue might lie elsewhere.

When thinking that a Venom cat cost $500 it's quite a bit to pay for something when the stock cat on 2011+ Cars has proven to be quite good.

Z2TT what other supporting mods have you done?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Donating Members

Well I have to laugh!

Was tell my misses this morning about putting car in for custom tune this week as it was not going to be done until after the New Year.

Her reply shocked me "well you better have your Xmas present now".

I'm at a lose as what it could be. Brings out a box I open it and it's a venom high flow cat...lol

So what do I do??

Thought about it for a while and decided to put it on.... Lol

sh*t can't believe it!!

Lol!

• Like 2

• Donating Members

Extreme Ford Tuning,

Yeh mate shocked to say the least.

Mind you, when you buy her a new Pajero to go four wheel driving in, I mean shopping, picking up kids etc...lol

Edited by GeGe6

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 22d

nice!
why not pick em up in the g6?
Quickest shopping trolley out there
you guys know if that dyno figure is RWKW or at the fly

• Donating Members

It has been the shopping cart for the last two years and it all mine hence the mods. Credit to her for keeping it in top notch.