nelsonian101 Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 18y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/11/13 02:32 AM Posted 07/11/13 02:32 AM Don't know where to post this.Had a very well respected racer/mechanic put this idea into my head the other day.The car is a Falcon FGXR6T on E70-E85 with a lot of mods.Doesn't make a huge amount of power but the low down torque where most of the driving is done, is obscene.What probably doesn't help the torque transfer on the chassis is the 275 Grooved slicks I use at the circuit, and 285 R888's is use on the road as a daily.Diff bushes are upgraded to aftermarket and it has a Truetrac diff.This is the 2nd windscreen I have cracked. Starts at the top left passenger side and gradually ends up at the bottom.Has anyone else experienced this and is chassis bracing available for FG Falcons?(Front coolant overflow bottle looks to be in the way for a front strut brace)
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/11/13 02:44 AM Posted 07/11/13 02:44 AM I suppose it depends on how much talk is going on. I know several times I have cringed with the amount of talk that comes from the passenger seat when my wife is in the car. 4
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/11/13 02:49 AM Posted 07/11/13 02:49 AM Absolutely. Especially if you are running stiffer suspension/bushes/etc. I recall reading years ago that the b series platform was only designed to cope with 450nm which most of us have well and truly exceeded.The front door gaps on Both or my b series cars open up if the car is up on stands with the stands placed under the front jacking points so stiff they are not! 1
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 07/11/13 05:39 AM Posted 07/11/13 05:39 AM (edited) I hear kerbs can crack them too, just ask Jake THE KERB WARRIOR here in WA. I have 1 free windscreen a year with AAMI Edited 07/11/13 05:40 AM by -SteveR- 1
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/11/13 08:31 AM Posted 07/11/13 08:31 AM Phil (icemybutt) last time I checked, he still runs a factory screen, and runs 8's down the quarter.Never say never, but if your front screen is cracking, id be thinking the rear screen would be too..... considering that's where all the action is.
dustyae86 Member 46 Member For: 15y Posted 07/11/13 09:00 AM Posted 07/11/13 09:00 AM potentially possible, I would probably indicate that it's occurring under power out of corners when you're unweightin the inside front and smashing it all to the opposite end outer, but unfortunately, I'm sort of point towards a strut brace doing sweet f all. cage time for you
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 11/11/13 05:19 AM Posted 11/11/13 05:19 AM I used to hear of this happening a lot with 30mm swaybars fitted - mostly ute's though...
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 11/11/13 05:51 AM Posted 11/11/13 05:51 AM Thanks Pat now you've scared me off ever getting a swaybar hahaha.Actually that might be a good 30th birthday gift for my friends to chuck in for, muahaha!
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 12/11/13 02:49 AM Posted 12/11/13 02:49 AM If it puts your mind at ease Steve, it was mostly V8's too 1
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 12/11/13 05:59 AM Posted 12/11/13 05:59 AM PMing you about a swaybar 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now