Evil XR6T Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 15y 14d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 29/10/13 02:40 AM Posted 29/10/13 02:40 AM Heys guys, I got the weak 'BA' bottom end and I'll be doing an enginhe swap within the next 6-12 months. I got told that my tuner could get a FG XR6T short block for $5500. I wanted to get one built for that price, but a bit stronger, unfortunately there's not alot of great engine builders here in Townsville. I'm only pushing for just over 400rwkw, so its over kill, but I know I'll always want more. Basically, I'd like to get this topic going to gather everyones experiences with their swaps/builds ect. So if you got any tips/hints/advice or stories, please feel free to share !!! Cheers !!!
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 3d Gender: Male Posted 29/10/13 02:43 AM Posted 29/10/13 02:43 AM You can get a FG f6 short motor for 3k
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/10/13 02:50 AM Posted 29/10/13 02:50 AM Bayfords had them on eBay for 2600. I'm sure if you called them up, you could prolly do it for 2500 outside of eBaycausenosellerfees
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Gender: Male Posted 29/10/13 04:15 AM Posted 29/10/13 04:15 AM $5500? Or is that drive in drive out price?
Evil XR6T Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 15y 14d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 29/10/13 05:41 AM Author Posted 29/10/13 05:41 AM 5500 is the motor and to get it up here. Where is this 'bayford'? Honestly, I haven't done any research yet cause I'm still saving, but I wanna get a feel for what everyone else does.
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Gender: Male Posted 29/10/13 07:35 AM Posted 29/10/13 07:35 AM Melbourne... Freight will be a few hundred..much better than $5500
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 29/10/13 07:39 AM Posted 29/10/13 07:39 AM Git one of dees... 2
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 29/10/13 07:47 AM Posted 29/10/13 07:47 AM Wtf is that?! I'd never close the bonnet 1
Evil XR6T Legacy Donating Member 138 Member For: 15y 14d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 29/10/13 08:16 AM Author Posted 29/10/13 08:16 AM I may need to change my pants after seeing that pic... I want one !!! I might make a phone call then and inquire about the F6 motor. Still keen to hear about peoples builds and ideas. Keep'em coming !!!
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 29/10/13 10:25 AM Posted 29/10/13 10:25 AM Aren't there a few mobs in mackay that build motors? Maybe call Dave from cpv and ask his opinion.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now