bwhinnen Member 17 Member For: 22y 11m 15d Location: Hills, hills and more hills = Brisbane Posted 20/01/04 09:25 AM Posted 20/01/04 09:25 AM I rang the dealer today to see if I could option an XR8 bonnet onto the XR6T, I just love the look of the XR8 bulge!Yes it can be done, but at a premium of $2300!! Anyone priced an XR8 bonnet as a spare part yet?CheersBrett
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/01/04 09:48 AM Posted 20/01/04 09:48 AM Ummmm, there not that much!Im not at work at the moment, but I believe the rough price is around $1300? Painting would require about 400 clams. These are all guesstimates! :lol: Could be wrong!
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 20/01/04 09:51 AM Posted 20/01/04 09:51 AM Get someone to 'accidently' drop something heavy on your bonnet then pay the insurance excess and Bob's your second cousin's uncle.
sash Love the Ride.... Member 236 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Location: Roleystone, WA Posted 20/01/04 09:56 AM Posted 20/01/04 09:56 AM I have seen carbon fibre XR8 bonnets in the nsw tradingpost for around $800.00 Just need a paint job on them. There are also Carbon Fibre GT Rear Wings as well, about $600 I think. Don't quote me, but definately do not pay that much for a bonnet. Many many cheaper alternatives
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 9m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 20/01/04 09:59 AM Posted 20/01/04 09:59 AM Get someone to 'accidently' drop something heavy on your bonnet then pay the insurance excess and Bob's your second cousin's uncle.That would be morally outrageous. Get a volvo driving mate to reverse into it, at least that would be a believable story. Now, come to think of it, I don't have any mates that drive volvos. I am far more selective than that.
bwhinnen Member 17 Member For: 22y 11m 15d Location: Hills, hills and more hills = Brisbane Posted 20/01/04 10:05 AM Author Posted 20/01/04 10:05 AM (edited) There was no way I'll get it as an option at that price. I'd have to drop the prem brakes or both the prems and the 18's or the hard tonneu cover if I was to pay that amount!The new car's a way off yet (I'm sure the series II will be out by that time ) so just getting my options together at this stage, just keeping the dream alive.CheersBrett Edited 20/01/04 10:07 AM by bwhinnen
100% Premium Donating Member Legacy Donating Member 641 Member For: 22y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: If it says ONLINE below, in front of the computer, if not, tearin' up some bitumen! Posted 20/01/04 10:54 AM Posted 20/01/04 10:54 AM I have seen carbon fibre XR8 bonnets in the nsw tradingpost for around $800.00 Just need a paint job on them. Can someone in NSW get me a phone number or some contact details for these please?
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 20/01/04 11:05 AM Posted 20/01/04 11:05 AM I have seen carbon fibre XR8 bonnets in the nsw tradingpost for around $800.00 Just need a paint job on them. And what is the weight saving...that's the important question.
voy74656 voy74656 Member 2,039 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Location: Adelaide Posted 20/01/04 12:36 PM Posted 20/01/04 12:36 PM Its worth at least an extra 10 k/w for sure!!!
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 18d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 20/01/04 02:06 PM Posted 20/01/04 02:06 PM Ask em if they give you the other bonnet at that price as well!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now