Ugur Member 27 Member For: 13y 8m 10d Posted 04/09/13 12:52 AM Posted 04/09/13 12:52 AM Hey guys, I hope this isn't a silly question but can anyone tell me the difference between a 'stepped' intercooler and a 'non stepped' intercooler and which one is better in the long run. Cheers
PSI O6T Legacy Donating Member 440 Member For: 14y 16d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 04/09/13 01:24 AM Posted 04/09/13 01:24 AM what car do you have ?
AzMahoony Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned. Member 3,343 Member For: 19y 6m Gender: Male Location: Canning Vale, W.A Posted 04/09/13 01:36 AM Posted 04/09/13 01:36 AM One requires cutting and one doesn't. Process west has proven that their stepped cooler is just as efficient as the bigger coolers that require chopping.
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 04/09/13 01:41 AM Posted 04/09/13 01:41 AM Check this thread out.If you have an FG and DO NOT want to cut the front bar out of your car (possibly making it defectable) then the stepped system will handle 400 and a bit rwkw.the 2nd pic in that thread shows the bar I'm speaking of
Hype Member 77 Member For: 13y 26d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 04/09/13 05:11 AM Posted 04/09/13 05:11 AM like the above, stepped doesn't need cutting and PWR makes a nice stepped intercooler I want to upgrade to
BenDoCo I'm getten too old for this s**t Legacy Donating Member 4,509 Member For: 13y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia Posted 04/09/13 05:33 AM Posted 04/09/13 05:33 AM (edited) b4 you do Hype, and I know that the end choice is yours but do a forum search on the Process West stepped cooler and find a post from them where they state that (do NOT quote me) if the pwr unit works better than theirs, Kev from Process West will pay for the PWR unit..............OBVIOUSLY, that offer was for a particular member but shows their confidence in the Process West unit.Guess what I'm saying is, do a LOT more research to ensure your choice is the best considering the information. Edited 04/09/13 05:34 AM by BenDoCo 2
Hype Member 77 Member For: 13y 26d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 04/09/13 07:17 AM Posted 04/09/13 07:17 AM ahh ok cheers.. I will definitely search the forums
Doddo22 Member 135 Member For: 13y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 04/09/13 07:56 AM Posted 04/09/13 07:56 AM thinking about putting a Plazmaman Spec 1 Street Pro Bar and plate intercooler kit in my ba mk11is it risking driving your car after installing a new intercooler and CAI in terms of AFR? because I want to hold off getting a tune till I do a few more things
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 04/09/13 11:46 AM Posted 04/09/13 11:46 AM Stay off boost and you *should* be fine.Stay OFF boost.
Z2TT Member 714 Member For: 14y 4m 2d Posted 04/09/13 02:13 PM Posted 04/09/13 02:13 PM (edited) A stepped Intercooler has an upper section that is thinner than the lower section, so there is a step in it,this allows the upper part to clear the chassis on FG Falcons.A non stepped intercooler has a core has the same thickness all the around. Edited 04/09/13 02:14 PM by Z2TT
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now