LOOSEBF Member 106 Member For: 18y 4m 29d Gender: Male Posted 22/08/13 02:18 AM Posted 22/08/13 02:18 AM I have asked this before but what fuel filters are people using with e85? I have a bf ute and I know a few people are using the coopers replacement but I can't find enough info on it be comfortable. Ideally I'd like to not have to cut lines etc but if I have to so be it.Thanks,Jay
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 24d Gender: Male Posted 22/08/13 03:46 AM Posted 22/08/13 03:46 AM I thinks Toads satrted a thread in regards to E85 and filters and recommended a metal type filter, I use the factory one but change it at every service.Ethanol can cause the paper inside the stock filters to swell which compromises flow.Stock one has worked for me but I really should look into a metal type filter, if anything it saves me changing it at every 10,000 klms
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 24d Gender: Male Posted 22/08/13 03:52 AM Posted 22/08/13 03:52 AM Here you gohttp://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/80699-aftermarket-fuel-filterswhat-I-did/?hl=%2Be85+%2Bfilter#entry1259436
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/08/13 04:36 AM Posted 22/08/13 04:36 AM The ethanol can affect the glue in the STD filters.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 22/08/13 04:40 AM Posted 22/08/13 04:40 AM some paper element filters are ethanol compatable
rednose RNS10S Legacy Donating Member 2,229 Member For: 20y 1m 24d Gender: Male Posted 22/08/13 04:44 AM Posted 22/08/13 04:44 AM Which ones Mick?Are they the same size as factory or do they require a mod to fit?
LOOSEBF Member 106 Member For: 18y 4m 29d Gender: Male Posted 22/08/13 04:54 AM Author Posted 22/08/13 04:54 AM Thanks for that rednose. Yeh ratter that's what I have heard about the coopers, have you dealt with them if so how do you find them?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 22/08/13 05:06 AM Posted 22/08/13 05:06 AM I have heard the coopers are ok but do not know for sure as I do not use them, I have got in some compatible filters but are $20 each, trying to work out a better price based on buying in bulk, they fit straight in place, I opened one up about a month ago after about 5k of E85 use and it appeared not to be swollen at all and still intact, even after my crude methods of opening it
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/08/13 05:09 AM Posted 22/08/13 05:09 AM What brand mick ?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/08/13 05:53 AM Posted 22/08/13 05:53 AM I have heard the coopers are ok but do not know for sure as I do not use them, I have got in some compatible filters but are $20 each, trying to work out a better price based on buying in bulk, they fit straight in place, I opened one up about a month ago after about 5k of E85 use and it appeared not to be swollen at all and still intact, even after my crude methods of opening itDid you beat it open with a stock cam shaft from a Boss motor? 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now