jacobmitchell92 Legacy Donating Member 370 Member For: 15y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 25/01/14 07:02 AM Posted 25/01/14 07:02 AM Can't imagine them fitting directly unless it comes with it's own plastic mounting for it
Z2TT Member 714 Member For: 14y 4m 1d Posted 25/01/14 08:56 AM Posted 25/01/14 08:56 AM (edited) The factory speakers are fine, if your looking to upgrade I'd spend the cash and get something good, at that point I'd be not using the factory amp but an aftermarket one.I had a listen to some speakers at an Audio Shop, had all the big brands there, Focal was the only one that sounded decent.Another brand to consider is CDT Audio, not mainstream but they are some of the best speakers you can buy :http://cdtstore.com/index_kp.htmBrowse through the store and you'll see they have a heap of different sizes and types of speakers so you can find something to suit. Edited 25/01/14 08:58 AM by Z2TT
Lennox Member 2,586 Member For: 13y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 25/01/14 09:06 AM Posted 25/01/14 09:06 AM Man the factory speakers are complete sh*t 2
FG XR6-T MONSTER Member 42 Member For: 17y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 27/01/14 11:12 AM Posted 27/01/14 11:12 AM Polka's are awesome for the money. I got these in my FG http://www.polkaudio.com.au/products/speakers/db6501-6.5-2-way-component-system, I wanted to get their MM flagship series speakers but they wouldn't fit (size of the magnet is bigger and in FG there is fck all space between door and the door trim so kind of dissapointed on that end ), sound is just unreal and too bad I couldnt fit MM series. I have got 2 pairs fitted of these with an 8 inch sub also polka that fits into rear centre shelf. Also I got hertz amp 1500w and audio bit10 digital sound processor hooked up to head unit in the car(I still use head unit and bit10 uses signal from head unit so it all looks 100% stock) and prior to this I have fitted dvd and linked it to the head unit although dvd is asl cheap crap and only bought it as part of the kit later I'm gonna put better dvd (waiting for release of dvd's with MHL plugs so I can hook up my note 2 directly to it) 2
karlp2 Member 81 Member For: 13y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 13/02/14 07:14 AM Posted 13/02/14 07:14 AM I need help with upgrading my audio. Car audio shop had a go at upgrading it today running off the stock head unit, was trying to set up an amp to run the front/rear speakers but they couldn't get rid of a severe hissing distortion noise. They were using a high/low converter off the speaker wires as opposed to a Bit 10 (I know better way to go but expensive). They couldn't figure it out and said when they checked on line other installers reported similar issues? They didn't end up charging me anything, bit gutted they couldn't figure it out as the stock sound system is not producing the sound I want. How have others approached their audio upgrades?
jacobmitchell92 Legacy Donating Member 370 Member For: 15y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 13/02/14 07:57 AM Posted 13/02/14 07:57 AM There will always be a slight hiss when the volume is high this is because the standard head unit is sh*t.<br />If it's a whine, then that's normally caused by the way all the wires are run, and try turning down the amp gains a bit to see if that helps. <br /><br />When I first did mine I used a high low converter and that worked great.
TomT Spooling Member Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 14y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Blue Mountains, NSW Posted 14/02/14 03:19 AM Posted 14/02/14 03:19 AM Sounds like install job. I have after market amp running front speakers and subs in boot, using just line converter. Don't notice any hiss. 1
kieronf84 Member 46 Member For: 12y 6m 15d Posted 25/03/14 04:06 PM Posted 25/03/14 04:06 PM Man the factory speakers are complete sh*tahahaha laughed for a quite a while good call bud
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now