TomT Spooling Member Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 14y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: Blue Mountains, NSW Posted 28/07/13 10:23 AM Posted 28/07/13 10:23 AM Hey Guys, Been having a bit of an issue lately where certain speakers aren't working and randomly kick back in at times. I've pulled the door apart when it wasn't working and it wasn't getting any power unto the crossover (I think that's what it's called - what the speaker and tweeter runs off). After fiddling round for about 10mins the car was then immobilised and wouldn't start, put it on charge for about an hour and it was fine. I'm not confident enough to rip the dash apart to source the cables running to them from the icc, so I'm leaning towards a possible battery problem. It's a 2010 fg xr6t and still on stock battery. Can anyone give me some advice on a good quality battery that will work fine and run a decent quality sound system eventually? Also, the positive terminal develops that white corrosion or whatever, not sure if that's a sign of it going or not. Thanks, Tom
beast2h Member 29 Member For: 19y 28d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 28/07/13 10:31 AM Posted 28/07/13 10:31 AM optima yellow top, use them in my 4x4 very impressed. not cheap but
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 28/07/13 10:33 AM Posted 28/07/13 10:33 AM Off eBay optima batteries aren't much different to high CCA century DIN batteries at supercheap or autobarn.. If you can spare a couple weeks delivery grab an optima off EBay..
#96 Member 281 Member For: 13y 10m 7d Posted 28/07/13 02:47 PM Posted 28/07/13 02:47 PM got a delkor for about $170 (I think) after a cabbie recommended it to me. "good CCA, cranks hard.
TomT Spooling Member Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 14y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: Blue Mountains, NSW Posted 28/07/13 10:03 PM Author Posted 28/07/13 10:03 PM What type of specs with these optima batterys should I be looking at for our cars? Heaps on ebay. Also, 28kg! Fark me dead haha is that fairly standard?
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 28/07/13 10:08 PM Posted 28/07/13 10:08 PM I think a decent size century battery can be around 98kg..Basically you'd be wanting a yellow or Blue top that has equal or Greater CCA than your current battery..
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 28/07/13 10:38 PM Posted 28/07/13 10:38 PM Have you tried giving the terminals a rub with a wire brush? Might make them contact better.
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 14d Posted 28/07/13 10:54 PM Posted 28/07/13 10:54 PM The ones I use are the Optima Yellow Top D75/25
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 28/07/13 11:14 PM Posted 28/07/13 11:14 PM $330! Sheesh.Do you order yours off Ebay Boost? I noticed them around $150 but then there's shipping to Aus...
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 14d Posted 28/07/13 11:31 PM Posted 28/07/13 11:31 PM Hi mate,There's a place in Tempe Sydney that sells them for $289.This place is across the road from Tempe Tyres.http://www.batterymart.com.au/dispdet.php?idw=0910061801368709
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now