PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 31/07/13 01:27 AM Posted 31/07/13 01:27 AM Ratter, on a stock car, assuming the chain guide hasn't jumped, no overheating, no constantly hitting the limiter, etc. What are the chances of this happening, ie. a normal car, nothing wrong, just your standard services? I'm guessing the chance is close to 0 without some other contributing factor.In that case, I'd be putting this to Ford, get them to explain how it could happen to a car where the chain hadn't jumped.Also, ratter how come the chain jumps? It sounds like it's more common than I first thought?
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 31/07/13 01:32 AM Posted 31/07/13 01:32 AM Let me know if you require any help with this. I am a metallurgist and failure investigation is my profession. 1
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 31/07/13 01:36 AM Posted 31/07/13 01:36 AM Chain jumps because the guide is plastic.. As with all things plastic.. Some last some break..
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 31/07/13 02:24 AM Posted 31/07/13 02:24 AM I have never seen a valve break on one of these motors and would assume if it hit the piston it would be bent enough not to seal and have issues from the time it hit.My opinion of what causes the chain to jump is people giving it a bit and then backing off quickly, I have no proof of this just my opinion as I have seen them jump without the guide being broken
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 31/07/13 02:30 AM Posted 31/07/13 02:30 AM When I first got my car, I'd thump it and then take my foot off when I hit the speed limit and there'd be a clunk go through the car, at a guess I thought the Diff when there was the sudden change from acceleration to 0 input. Since then I take my foot of slowly rather than "letting go" of the pedal, it avoids the clunk which sounds and feels crap.
sixman Legacy Donating Member 604 Member For: 22y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Hills District, NSW Posted 31/07/13 02:48 AM Posted 31/07/13 02:48 AM That sounds like driveline backlash which is a different issue
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 31/07/13 02:54 AM Posted 31/07/13 02:54 AM Yeah, that's what I was hearing. What part makes the sound? It always sounded like it was coming from the back rather than the transmission or anything.
blueprintbullet Legacy Donating Member 163 Member For: 18y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Wanneroo Posted 31/07/13 03:12 AM Author Posted 31/07/13 03:12 AM Just checked with ford Australia, they haven't received anything from nuford
PookeyMaster Legacy Donating Member 1,531 Member For: 15y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Parramatta, NSW Posted 31/07/13 03:23 AM Posted 31/07/13 03:23 AM Lol, awesome work by the Dealerhship. In all the threads I've seen here, I've seen hardly any issues with Ford HQ, most are with the Dealers.
blueprintbullet Legacy Donating Member 163 Member For: 18y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Wanneroo Posted 31/07/13 07:51 AM Author Posted 31/07/13 07:51 AM (edited) Finally heard back from Nuford and his answer was that Ford has decided its not a warranty claim! When I asked for it in writing it seems that Nuford alone has decided its not a warranty claim.I also had my mechanic pull out a inlet valve and in the lathe it showed an slight bend easily seen to the eye. Edited 31/07/13 07:55 AM by blueprintbullet
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now