skitzone80b Member 46 Member For: 13y 7m 13d Posted 04/06/13 11:52 PM Posted 04/06/13 11:52 PM Anyone have a step by step for it?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/06/13 04:32 AM Posted 05/06/13 04:32 AM 204-02a Rear Suspension - IRS.pdf
crazyxa Member 84 Member For: 19y 6m 27d Posted 07/06/13 03:16 AM Posted 07/06/13 03:16 AM What are people's recommendation on the necessity of the alignment tools. Looks like they are required. Would imagine only fraud would sell these? Also without the brace how have people gone about lowering the IRS at home. Large blocks of wood cross braced and supported with the jack?
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/06/13 03:49 AM Posted 07/06/13 03:49 AM You can spray paint where the sub frame meets the chassis if ya want for a reference.. depends how careful u r I guess. Can't comment on the next question as I usually have the car on the hoist and just lower the cradle down with a pallet and some chocks on an electric forklift. But pretty much like you said have the car on stands as high as possible and lower the cradle on a jack somewhat. Wouldn't be easy though manageable with 2 blokes.
skitzone80b Member 46 Member For: 13y 7m 13d Posted 10/06/13 03:54 AM Author Posted 10/06/13 03:54 AM Feck I should of checked this is the aligning just for the bolting it back up? As I've just dropped the subframe on the floor without reading how to do it. Forgot I asked and rage started after to many beers last night.Crazyxa a jack underneath the centre support get the feck out the way and lower it down slowly while clenching is the proccess I used.
sct911 Member 848 Member For: 13y 11m 3d Gender: Male Posted 10/06/13 04:25 AM Posted 10/06/13 04:25 AM 204-02a Rear Suspension - IRS.pdf which site do you get these PDF files from?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/06/13 06:45 AM Posted 10/06/13 06:45 AM www.mycomputersdocumentfolder.com
jas98 Member 1,053 Member For: 14y 2m 16d Gender: Male Location: Maryborough Qld Posted 10/06/13 07:00 AM Posted 10/06/13 07:00 AM just make sure the holes are lined up, that's what I did wit mine and also got it alighned afterwards for good measures....plus it needed it anyway as I did all suspension at teh same time 1
skitzone80b Member 46 Member For: 13y 7m 13d Posted 10/06/13 11:40 PM Author Posted 10/06/13 11:40 PM Yeah cool it made me think they are you meant to do this with every irs car? It's not the first IRS subframe I'm removed and refitted and never thought of that it's just bolt it back up.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now