Fg Mkii Xr6T Manual Or Auto?

knowhereman

• Member For: 11y 2m 27d

What do you want, and how are you going to use it? It's your money.

It's easy for everyone else sitting at a computer to tell you what you should buy, because it's not thier money being spent. If doing a lot of driving in city traffic the manual is a pain in the arse to most people. Just depends on how and where you drive it most of the time. Also, don't be swayed by this crap about autos being for pussys. If you want a manual get one, if an auto suits you, get one :victory:

Edited by Quasi XR6T

• Member For: 11y 3m 7d

I had the same problem trying to decide manual or auto when I got my mkii.

test drove the manual and auto and ended up going the auto and haven't looked back, absolutely love it, soo smooth and quick.

but at the end of the day it is your money and your choice, but definitely test drive both.

• Member For: 11y 6m 20d

I went the auto on my mkii, although somedays I wish I got the manual im over the moon with the auto. so smooth and if you want to shift gears the sport mode is always there. but at the end of the day its your money to spend

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 3d

...probably only about 90% of people :)

What do you have now knowhereman? The auto is nothing like the 4-speed, but then the manual is a sh*tload better too. They only plausible thing you can do is take both for a decent run.

Great Ocean Road conjures up images of wide open flowing road, but from my experience it's probably one of the slowest most congested stretches of road in the country. So a manual may actually become frustrating if that's your daily commute.