dyno Member 5 Member For: 13y 7m 11d Posted 27/05/13 12:56 PM Posted 27/05/13 12:56 PM hey guys recently got a 2008 fg f6..its auto with 110000km on the clock. around 80km onwards I'm getting a diff whine.when you back off it goes away so only under load it makes the noise.. is this a sign my diffs about to blow or could just be noisy and still got some good life in it
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 27/05/13 01:15 PM Posted 27/05/13 01:15 PM When was the last time the diff oil was changed? It's usually neglected.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 5m 29d Gender: Male Posted 27/05/13 02:18 PM Posted 27/05/13 02:18 PM Same problem here,I have a whine in my G6e but it only happens when my wife is in the car. 3 1
dyno Member 5 Member For: 13y 7m 11d Posted 28/05/13 02:32 AM Author Posted 28/05/13 02:32 AM No idea when oil was changed. Only had the car a few weeks. Is it a simple DIY oil change on these and what oil should I use?
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 4d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 28/05/13 05:52 AM Posted 28/05/13 05:52 AM There's a special additive I know of but dont' ask me to say what it is - some fluids already have it in the mix just to make it harder for you. Someone will chime in I'm sure.
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 28/05/13 07:31 AM Posted 28/05/13 07:31 AM Same problem here,I have a whine in my G6e but it only happens when my wife is in the car.Gold!
Rootster Just a large member member Legacy Donating Member 3,125 Member For: 17y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 28/05/13 07:44 AM Posted 28/05/13 07:44 AM has it got kuhmo tyres..Could be tyre noise
dyno Member 5 Member For: 13y 7m 11d Posted 28/05/13 08:20 AM Author Posted 28/05/13 08:20 AM had Michelins but just had another set of tyres fitted..defiantly a diff or could it be something to do with tailshaft?
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 9m 29d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 28/05/13 02:23 PM Posted 28/05/13 02:23 PM I had a whine in my car at 73-78km/h and at the end it was getting louder.Took it back to Ford 3 time before they eventually got the service manager to out got with me and I showed him the issue.3 weeks later the diff was out and replaced.
fordomatic1 Member 50 Member For: 13y 6m 21d Posted 31/05/13 02:19 AM Posted 31/05/13 02:19 AM I've got diff whine in my FG xr6t, dealership wont recognise it as a problem so I just deal with it and drive around the sound. Diff specialist told me it's nothing to worry about. His words were, "all fords do it, just turn the music up".
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now