Ported Ba/bf Inlet Manifold

• EPC Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 25d

Just wondering if this mod is worth doing if you are chasing max power out of a stock looking setup, iv read some posts about it but cant find any sort of results or gains. Il post a pic as an example

21259_649915631691025_1088243557_n.jpg

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 12d

Have heard this being done to a BA that went on to run a mid 10, not sure how much was due to the

plennum but the tuner seems to think it made a difference.

Edited by rednose

• Member For: 13y 9m 8d

Go for it. Get hold of a manifold gasket(metal) mark with scribe. You will see how much can be taken off opening to inlet runners (3-4mm all round). You can open up the inlet from T/B considerably to match T/B opening, and improve airflow path to 1 and 6. Contrary to the doubters beliefs you can do alot to these manifolds to assist flow.Im not aware of anyone doing a direct comparision, due o the major fark around and time required to chop and change. But from a theroretic perspective to open it up and smooth will increase airflow, by reducing turbulence. Less turbulence = less friction = increased flow efficiency. Also if you go ahead, don't forget to add a catch can.

Cheers

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 28d

Unless u have ever done any flow testing ( dont think u have ) u may actually fark up the hole design characteristics of the manifold

And gain nothing but a placebo effect

Trust me when I actually went and learnt about flow testing items and majorly manifolds and heads the things u dont understand (average joe ) is the fact that alot of "imperfections" are actually purposeful "lips" /"dips" that engineers have put into the casting for tumble or swirl or velocity

Unless u have genuine before and after stats u may royally phuck up an item and its not as easy as u think

The newer the car the more it has been engineered .... Have a think about it

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d

that doesnt sound right aaron- I heard the bigger everything the better....

trana with stractors....

• Like 1

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d

Mcf*cken lol @ trana with scractors

Heard the same, engineers build imperfections into manifolds to improve velocity.

I learnt that bigger aint always better when building my XC engine. my alloy heads had heaps of meat left, engine builder said no way, I aint touching them.